Snapshot 1

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
Beefi
Regular
Regular

Snapshot 1

Post by Beefi »

Hi
Listening to Snapshot 1 [11:55] (Sentinel R1) on the central ICF down here in the South East but no idea where he is. Rad Op is not being very helpful with grids or locations! Any body help?
I am sure they don't appear on FlightRadar or Plane Plotter - do they?

Have a new set up installed so would be interested to see the distance I am receiving UHF MIL.
timbo

Re: Snapshot 1

Post by timbo »

Most military aircraft do show a position on Plane Plotter , but only if you have Ground Station status or are a Master User (Subscription).Snapshot01 showing over Welwyn Garden City at 13.10 . Got a bunch of F15s over South Yorks ( Buck62/62 Warman 42 ) couple of USAF DC10s ( Bobby71/72 ) Scotland, two Eurofighters over North Lakes ( Venom31/32 )a C17 off the Coast Northumberland , Loads of military fixes down South .
Beefi
Regular
Regular

Re: Snapshot 1

Post by Beefi »

Hi Timbo
Very many thanks. If it was in a similar area when I heard it that makes it about 80 miles distance. Not bad for UHF, and it proves my set up is working!
Haven't heard it on the ICF recently, and not much else down hear - its not fair you having all the fun up North!

Beefi