Problem with Virtual Radar Server

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Problem with Virtual Radar Server

Post by BK »

I've been having a play with Virtual Radar Server. It can see the data coming in from ADSBSharp, but the web server won't start - it gives an error message "Cannot start the web server on port 80" even when it's configured to use a different port!
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Problem with Virtual Radar Server

Post by BK »

The associated event log is;
Caught exception when starting web server: System.Net.HttpListenerException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Edit: I've found a solution, using an administrator account solves the problem (running the Virtual Radar Server software as administrator is not sufficient). Can't say I'm very happy about this as I prefer to use a normal user account for day to day stuff. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Further Edit: turns out it's got nothing to do with the account type, my user account still doesn't work even if I set it as an administrator account, whereas a newly created account does work even though it's just a standard user account. So the good news is I don't have to run anything as administrator, the bad news is I'm going to have to use a separate account for Virtual Radar Server unless I can figure out what the problem is.
Last edited by BK on 26 Nov 2014, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Never used it myself but I reckon you are right to be unhappy... Guessing you are only using this on your own internal network (?) but it's never wise to have a web server running with admin credentials...
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

Yup, just using it locally. Got it working on a new (standard) user account anyway. No idea why it won't work with my usual account, but logging in as a different user is no great hardship for the odd occasion that I want to use ADSB.
Registration
Banned
Banned

Post by Registration »

does other people run a VRS to?