Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
User avatar
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 1482
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 20:45
Location: West Yorkshire

Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by thelad » 12 Nov 2013, 18:36

Has anybody had any experience with http://proviationshop.co.uk/?
On the 8th of October i ordered a Watson WS-W901 antenna from the website witch said they had a lot in stock, the next day i got a email saying they were out of stock and would have stock in 10 - 14 working days and that i would get my postage fee refunded so they would knock the price down.
i then sent another 2 emails with no reply from them, then on the 29th October got a reply saying that it was on order still awaiting stock and would be sent out in 7 days but still not here and they have taken the full amount now without refunding the postage. are they having me on?
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

User avatar
Corblimeyguvnar
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2705
Joined: 08 Nov 2008, 20:37
Location: New Forest

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by Corblimeyguvnar » 12 Nov 2013, 18:43

Ask them for a full refund if you not happy


User avatar
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 1482
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 20:45
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by thelad » 12 Nov 2013, 19:41

thanks Eddiep never even thought about googleing it! ill be getting a refund then.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

User avatar
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 4536
Joined: 25 Sep 2011, 18:33

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by kr0ne » 12 Nov 2013, 20:00

I get the impression they are very small and order a lot of their inventory in as orders are received.

user8666

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by user8666 » 13 Nov 2013, 17:39

crap took me 2 weeks to get a refund off them item still never arrived

user8666

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by user8666 » 13 Nov 2013, 17:41

try radioworld here is the antenna your after http://www.radioworld.co.uk/catalog/w-9 ... -4098.html

User avatar
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 1482
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 20:45
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by thelad » 13 Nov 2013, 18:11

reds129 wrote:crap took me 2 weeks to get a refund off them item still never arrived
i am told my refund will take 7 - 10 working days! i asked them to remove the part on the website that said they had it in stock and they said no lol.
i may fire a email off to Trading standards.
reds129 wrote:try radioworld here is the antenna your after http://www.radioworld.co.uk/catalog/w-9 ... -4098.html
i was going to get it from this place first but picked Proviation doh! now i have ordered one from them thanks.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

jackson787

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by jackson787 » 13 Nov 2013, 19:28

I wont use them again got my order but very slow

znww5
Regular
Regular
Posts: 13
Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 09:56

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by znww5 » 19 Nov 2013, 20:31

There's a very lengthy thread about this company on the Pprune pilot forum - highly recommended reading if you are thinking of buying from them.

User avatar
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 1482
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 20:45
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by thelad » 19 Nov 2013, 20:39

znww5 wrote:There's a very lengthy thread about this company on the Pprune pilot forum - highly recommended reading if you are thinking of buying from them.
yep the link above takes you to that,only wish i had seen that before i used them. Still waiting for refund.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6

EddieP
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: 13 May 2013, 12:00

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by EddieP » 20 Nov 2013, 19:03

Half of the problem is that the girls that answer the phone are a remote office, and they get lied to too.

User avatar
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 4536
Joined: 25 Sep 2011, 18:33

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by kr0ne » 22 Nov 2013, 00:07

EddieP wrote:Half of the problem is that the girls that answer the phone are a remote office, and they get lied to too.
Do you happen to know where they are located?

There are companies that operate what they call "blended call centres" who you can outsource your call handling to. You provide the information that they need to create the call handling scripts that the agents work from and then simply point your Freephone number at them.

I wouldn't be surprised if proviationshop used something like this, judging by the various stories about them on the internet they would seem to be in the target demographic. ;)

Maybe not though... who knows?

EddieP
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: 13 May 2013, 12:00

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by EddieP » 24 Nov 2013, 10:47

kr0ne wrote:
EddieP wrote:Half of the problem is that the girls that answer the phone are a remote office, and they get lied to too.
Do you happen to know where they are located?

There are companies that operate what they call "blended call centres" who you can outsource your call handling to. You provide the information that they need to create the call handling scripts that the agents work from and then simply point your Freephone number at them.

I wouldn't be surprised if proviationshop used something like this, judging by the various stories about them on the internet they would seem to be in the target demographic. ;)

Maybe not though... who knows?
They are in Birmingham. I can't remember the name of their company. They are definitely outsourced though.

znww5
Regular
Regular
Posts: 13
Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 09:56

Re: Anybody used proviationshop.co.uk ?

Post by znww5 » 10 Jan 2014, 09:43

Info on Companies House website shows the following,

Name & Registered Office:
PROVIATION LTD
CARTERS YARD
25 FRENCHS AVENUE
DUNSTABLE
BEDFORDSHIRE
ENGLAND
LU6 1BH
Company No. 07516808

So that would be the address to use for serving legal papers if refunds aren't forthcoming. I believe some people have had to resort to that to recover their funds.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests