Military freqs in my area

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
DrumGeek
Regular
Regular

Military freqs in my area

Post by DrumGeek »

Have always had a passing interest in Mil Air monitoring but never actually programmed anything in to channels, preferring to just use search limits occasionally,

I now have an old Commtel Com215 scanner that although only has 200 channels, it covers mil freqs and is pretty quick at scanning with the Turbo setting!

My question is, what do I need to program in?
Are there any common freqs that I can put in to start with?

Do I need to figure out what bases are around me then look up their freqs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark...
Uniden UBCD3600XLT| Uniden UBC780 XLT | Commtel COM215 | Realistic Pro-35 | Realtek RTL820 SDR x4 | SDR Play RSP2 | PiAware/Flightaware ADS-B Receiver | Yaesu FT-891 | Yaesu FT-817ND | Wouxun KG-UV8D | Tytera MD-380 | Anytone AT-D868UV
radio_ryan
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Military freqs in my area

Post by radio_ryan »

Where your QTH, so we know what VFO to give you for local air bases

http://fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/index.php they have a good list of mill air bases and their VFO.

yes some you will get all over the UK e.g. the reds air to air. there's London mill and Scottish mill it just where you are in the UK to listen.
DrumGeek
Regular
Regular

Post by DrumGeek »

Thanks for the reply Ryan.

I'm in the Isle of Man, so I suspect Scottish mil will be better for me!

Not sure if much flies over here but I do see / hear the occasional military aircraft and wonder what they are / where they are going...

Thanks so far

Mark...
Uniden UBCD3600XLT| Uniden UBC780 XLT | Commtel COM215 | Realistic Pro-35 | Realtek RTL820 SDR x4 | SDR Play RSP2 | PiAware/Flightaware ADS-B Receiver | Yaesu FT-891 | Yaesu FT-817ND | Wouxun KG-UV8D | Tytera MD-380 | Anytone AT-D868UV
Minus1
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Minus1 »

I think IOM is now within London Mil, so things may have changed recently.
Try
251.475 (was Scottish Mil, and may still be)

Valley Approach 379.95 (Ronaldsway is sometimes the diversion airfield for Valley)
Warton Approach 341.775
KEY : = channel/stud | ~ = CTCSS/DCS | ^ = transmitter site | ¯ = overhead | * = trunked
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

check the downloads area on the frontpage of this website, I uploaded a bctool system for mil-air, some of the names are wrong but aslong as you hear something thats the main thing.
DrumGeek
Regular
Regular

Post by DrumGeek »

Thanks for all the help.

I'll check out those BCtool files, cheers