Police Helicopter 4-5am search East Edinburgh

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Police Helicopter 4-5am search East Edinburgh

Post by stratocaster »

Sadly I didn't have my scanner with me,but did anyone hear anything or have any idea why it seemed to be circling and concentrating static over Willowbrae in Edinburgh? It woke me up!! :o
You can never have enough radios!
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Police Helicopter 4-5am search East Edinburgh

Post by kr0ne »

No idea but any operational comms would have been on the Airwave network so you probably didn't miss much... :(

I know that the popo-chopper from (I think) Glasgow has been in the skies over Edinburgh a few times recently doing training. I guess now that there is only one police farce in Scotland, they get to share assets like this a bit more.

One other thing to consider is that it's marathon day today so there will likely be the three usual suspects buzzing around in the sky carrying TV cameras for a few hours. Usually they do practice runs the day before but I didn't notice them yesterday, although I was out in the hills for a good chunk of the sunshine. :-)
Glamdring

Post by Glamdring »

You didn't miss anything on the airband. We generally don't ask what it is they are searching for. He was out to the east of the forth Bridge on Friday searching for something and also yesterday around the Polmont area (I believe this was for a missing woman). He has been covering the marathon today, currently on the ground at Edinburgh refuelling.
pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pete_uk »

Here is a quick link to my local Plod Copter

http://www.westerncounties.org.uk/aircraft_activity/

There might be one for your area but I don't have time to have a look. But the info might be out there
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

Sounds like some kind of car chase and shooting
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-e ... e-22672285
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

I guess this would have been the shout on Friday as well then: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-e ... e-22666153

(Was featured below the other article.)
Glamdring

Post by Glamdring »

Yeah, looks likely.
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

Yep,it was a serious incident in the Willowbrae area,they were out looking for further suspects involved in a drugs shooting,all suspects are not from Edinburgh,they've been dealing in the city recently,and the cops should be consulting London/Birmingham police now as they're well away out the Edinburgh area now from the reports I have heard.

Surely we should get another chopper?
You can never have enough radios!