A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
rob2278

Post by rob2278 »

This frequency activated my close call on my BCT15X, it's very active. Googled it like I normally do, but can't find what/where it is from?

Can anyone advise me please?
Minus1
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: 130.9333

Post by Minus1 »

You can find all this stuff here http://www.nats.co.uk/do-it-online/ais/

Although it is the usual nightmare to navigate (ironic really).

Go to "UK Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)."
Then "Enroute Information - ENR Index"
Then "ENR 2.1"
Bookmark that or download the PDF, cos you'll want it again…

You'll see 130.925 is shown for various sectors. (It's complicated)
The relevant bit for you will be EGBB inbound/outbound flights.

It is 130.925, not 130.93333, (not that the BCT15X will notice with a strong signal).
It is a 25kHz wide channel not an 8.33 one.
To make life more interesting, it's a channel that uses multiple sites, some of which are offset by 7.5 kHz to reduce cross interference.
The site at Daventry or Clee Hill (I haven't figured out which yet) is on 130.9325, but you need a scanner with a centre meter to deduce that, or do a lot of fiddling with the band scope and 5k and 7.5k steps near to the transmitter.

You're lucky to get a close call on that, I only get them occasionally here (about 10 miles from EGBB)
KEY : = channel/stud | ~ = CTCSS/DCS | ^ = transmitter site | ¯ = overhead | * = trunked
rob2278

Re: 130.9333

Post by rob2278 »

Minus1 wrote:You can find all this stuff here http://www.nats.co.uk/do-it-online/ais/

Although it is the usual nightmare to navigate (ironic really).

Go to "UK Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)."
Then "Enroute Information - ENR Index"
Then "ENR 2.1"
Bookmark that or download the PDF, cos you'll want it again…

You'll see 130.925 is shown for various sectors. (It's complicated)
The relevant bit for you will be EGBB inbound/outbound flights.

It is 130.925, not 130.93333, (not that the BCT15X will notice with a strong signal).
It is a 25kHz wide channel not an 8.33 one.
To make life more interesting, it's a channel that uses multiple sites, some of which are offset by 7.5 kHz to reduce cross interference.
The site at Daventry or Clee Hill (I haven't figured out which yet) is on 130.9325, but you need a scanner with a centre meter to deduce that, or do a lot of fiddling with the band scope and 5k and 7.5k steps near to the transmitter.

You're lucky to get a close call on that, I only get them occasionally here (about 10 miles from EGBB)
Cheers for the info, I'll take a look tomorrow.

I've only had the close call activate on this frequency tonight, but I'm getting a full on signal, and I'm using a "sheeeeeeeite" antenna as have been told on here!