Basic pothos/other topology for TX under Windows

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
andrew30
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 329TM1

Basic pothos/other topology for TX under Windows

Post by andrew30 »

Hi,
For several months now, since I purchased LimeSDR Mini, I have been unsuccessful at transmitting.
The plan is simple - I have a I/Q stream from virtual soundcard (L = I, R = Q) which I simply need to "place" on the band.
Turns out that such task is so difficult that
nobody on MyriadRF responded
nobody on pothos-flow IRC and mailing list responded
nobody on rtl-sdr responded
and not even some members who might have an insight into this.

TX under windows is very limited for Lime platforms, the only "stable" way to do it is through PothosFlow or supplied GNURadio.
SDR Console v3 "promised" TX support for Mini in Dec 2017. No news.
SDRAngel doesn't work on Win for LimeSDR Mini as there's "issue with Zadiq installation".

I tried TX under Ubuntu, this time with real values not I/Q, namely using SDRAngel. It worked for analog audio, to some extent, but as it dropped samples like crazy, my COFDM stream was unreadable. This persisted on multiple PCs, hinting that CPU is not an issue there.

I realize this product is not meant to be substitution for any commercial grade transceiver, and that experimentation is a key here, but MAN if you're hitting the wall so hard from an early start, it gets demotivating quick.
Supposedly to operate SDR TCVR, you are expected to be proficient in DSP, filter design and electronics from the very start.

Can anybody please help me with this?
It would literary made my day to see the I/Q stream readable and on-the-air with no images, aliasing or distortion.

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this.
Thanks in advance!
andrew30
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 329TM1

Re: Basic pothos/other topology for TX under Windows

Post by andrew30 »

If no-one really knows, on 5 different boards, can anyone at least point me towards a place where to get an answer???
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

Charles G4GUO is working on this software.
https://www.datv-express.com/

This is supposed to work with the limesdr.
https://www.datv-express.com/uploads/So ... 25LP10.zip

Charles G4GUO is on Twitter so you could contact him there.
@G4GUO
He's also an active poster on BATC forum but you have to be a member of batc to post on there.

Hope that helps a little, 73 Mark :thumbup:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Dan13l
Regular
Regular

Post by Dan13l »

My experience is Linux and GNU radio or sdr angel etc are buggy- but sort of usable.
Windows SDR a nightmare to transmit
Dan13l
Regular
Regular

Post by Dan13l »

Zadig installation should appear as in windows as a runnable program, run it find your lime and let it install driver it wants.
I’m using Pluto SDR with same experience