question on turning on adblocker

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
sonoma
Regular
Regular

question on turning on adblocker

Post by sonoma »

not sure if this is the right place but I have a banner across the site here stating to turn on abblocker for this site. I run windows 10 and have not been able to turn the adblocker off for just this site. I have found how to turn off all ablockers but that is no good since it loads every site I go to and con not even read a article without ads wiping out the pages.
so does any one know how to turn off the blocker just for one site such as this one.
thank you
Buick Mackane

Re: question on turning on adblocker

Post by Buick Mackane »

Instructions for Adblock plus, Go to extensions, Adblock preferences, Type address in the bar, Add website,
Last edited by Buick Mackane on 08 Nov 2017, 16:11, edited 2 times in total.
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by sonoma »

I forgot to mention I use Firefox and I have even gone into the tools and under the adblocking section installed the link to this site to allow the ads not to be blocked but it still shows the adblocker for this site is on across the screen. I can turn all of the adblockers off and it allows every site I go to to allow popups and do not want that for sure.
the adblocker is part of Firefox, if that answers your question.
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

I just tried adding TM1 to the exception list, Didn't work, It used to be if you right clicked the icon and selected ''disable on this site only'' that done the trick, They must have updated it,
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by sonoma »

I have tried about every thing I can think of and it still shows the site as blocked as far as popups
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by sonoma »

I just remembered I run a program called advanced system care and it blocks ads also and put in to allow the ads on this site and restated my computer to see if it took and it did not. so anyone has any ideas let me know.
KlondikeMike
Call Sign: 9WR2000

Post by KlondikeMike »

Applications NOT to run on your computer; Adblock and Advanced System Care. These are known carcinogens. Remove. Use Ublock Origin on Firefox. See link below for issues with Adblock;

https://www.theverge.com/2016/9/13/1289 ... -sells-ads
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by sonoma »

Mike I have used advance system care for about 10 years now and have installed it on computers that have just about stopped and advanced system care would clean every thing out and the computer would run faster than when it was new. I have this on all my computers and every family members units and would not change at all. even installed it on customers computers when I use to build specialty computers for years and they are all happy with the software.
not sure why you would say not to run that program at all.
I can turn the adblocker off to other sites and it works just fine but for some reason this site is having a problem with it.
I am now getting ads for new cars, airplane flights and a few others. so not sure what other ads this site is wanting to display.
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by sonoma »

well I may have found a problem as to why I can not allow ads. firefox has loaded a temporary blocker to the program and it does not have a way that I could find to let the ads show. it says it is temporary until they do some mods to firefox. it says it will be deleted when the updates are done.
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by sonoma »

well after all I did this morning I am getting car ads, flight and trip ads, and now Utsource ads. so some are now coming in but I still have the banner saying my popup blocker is on. maybe I am only getting part of the ads.
KlondikeMike

Post by KlondikeMike »

sonoma wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 22:22 well after all I did this morning I am getting car ads, flight and trip ads, and now Utsource ads. so some are now coming in but I still have the banner saying my popup blocker is on. maybe I am only getting part of the ads.
Your system has been compromised. Same as if a virus infection. You have an malware/adware infection. All the same measures must be taken to eradicate. You need to start removing non-standard applications. Start by identifying what is running on your system, keep the good and remove the unknown/questionable. Autoruns, ProcessExplorer are good free apps from Microsoft that can be used to get back your machine.
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by sonoma »

Thanks Mike, I tried the program you mentioned and did see any problems. after the temp program in firefox I thought about trying Chrome and Cotana and nether show the popups being blocked. so it must just be a firefox problem since they are doing some programing.
KlondikeMike

Post by KlondikeMike »

Try PaleMoon browser (fork of Firefox) w/UBlock Origin and noscript add-ons.

https://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-win32.shtml
sonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by sonoma »

Firefox finally finished their updates and now the adblocker banner on your site is now gone.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

for Ad Block Plus users - Right click on the ABP icon in chrome (to the right of the address bar), click on options from the drop down. You can then select 'Whitelisted domains' and add www.transmission1.net. Just did this for mine at work and seems to have worked.

If successful the ABP icon will be greyed-out next time you refresh the page or re-launch chrome

[Windows 7 with Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 and ABP Version: 1.13.4]
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |