Frequency Database (app)

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
humaxf1
Regular
Regular

Frequency Database (app)

Post by humaxf1 »

Hi everyone,

I'm not very up to speed when it comes to mobile phone apps but I have the imagination to envisage a mobile phone app to enter and store information about a frequency such as;

Frequency - RX and TX <This might be asking alot, but by entering the RX frequency, the app would know the shift + or - and auto-fill the TX>
User/organisation
Mode (analog or DMR)
CTCSS or DCS
Talkgroup
Colour code
Slot

When reviewing frequencies entered over time, they would be in ascending order, so low band VHF first followed by VHF, then UHF and so on.

Any radio minded, budding app developers out there?
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: Frequency Database (app)

Post by Admiral »

You can build your database with MS Office Access or LibreOffice Base on your laptop, and then read on your phone with an app like View MS Access DB.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
humaxf1
Regular
Regular

Post by humaxf1 »

Thanks Admiral, but I was thinking of having it all on the phone (iPhone).

When I'm out and about I do a bit of scanning around and scribbling notes on bits of paper here and there just doesn't cut it especially recording TG, CC and slots etc.
radiodave
Regular
Regular

Post by radiodave »

You could use a spreadsheet app for this and just sort the table in ascending order by TX/RX frequency. This would also allow you to put in the RX freq and have it calculate the TX by using a formula in the cells