sdrplay - what software / driver ?

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 108TM154

Re: sdrplay - what software / driver ?

Post by gmham »

Not Sure if I have missed something mate as don't have SDR# installed anyway, just sdruno and the DSD+.
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

Moxon antenna for 10/20 mtrs

——
John - 108TM154 / 108CO154
bozzy

Post by bozzy »

Info on LO display in the link below.

http://www.sdrplay.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1091

Basically it is the centre frequency of the current display.

Stick to sdruno for now as it works better for an sdrplay, you could use sdr# but would need to manually install a driver for it (ExtIO_SDRplay_RSP1.dll).
gmham
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 108TM154

Post by gmham »

Ok great stuff starting to come together now guys so that's fine happy with my progress !!

still not sure why the mention off sdr# ? sticking to sdruno. even thou the signal meter could have been a bit more pleasing to the eye !!!!

any idea if the software defaults back to standard settings every time it's started unless previously saved ?
Yaesu FTDX10
Kenwood TS711e
Anytone D578UV Pro+

Moxon antenna for 10/20 mtrs

——
John - 108TM154 / 108CO154
bozzy

Post by bozzy »

I think sdr# was mentioned as most people use it for the usb sticks so some are more used to using sdr#, but I would stick with uno as the sdr# driver appears to be a bit buggy for me.

Uno has it's own issues too, sometimes there are very little signals, hitting stop and start fixes it but it may be just an rsp2 issue. But it looks like updates and fixes are continuing with updates of sdruno.

Have a go with the NOAA sats around 137mhz and WXtoImg, I am getting far better pictures now than using my usb stick.