md 380 firmware

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: md 380 firmware

Post by radiosification »

Admiral wrote:Good info danny, but any earwigger that has a repeater input programmed in too is a bit of a mug.
Totally agree. I ALWAYS set it to one of the PMR446 channels if I'm programming a channel I don't want to transmit on by accident.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

admiral i downloaded that old firmware on top of the new firmware ,i still have md380 tools ie promiscous and all that but in months ive never had one pm when it used to be every other day with my old radio i have gone wrong some were any help welcome cheers
love your familly
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

does anyone at all have a genuine link to update the firmware to the new firmware or even the sars edition ive loads and my radios has bee screen upside down then it went black no switch on keep getting it back but i wants a reliable link for an upgrade if any ones there many thhanks people :thumbup:
love your familly
liner trope
Regular
Regular

Post by liner trope »

wow great post i have been trying to figure this whole thing out without much success
Paddydog
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM3105

Post by Paddydog »

Hi I have the same problem I have enabled promiscuous mode and scan all colour codes but it does not open the radio. my scanner gets the mototrbo sound and my md 380 led lights up green but no sound. When i program a HAM repeater i hear that fine. Any help please.
k40
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM788

Post by k40 »

New windows firmware and user db flashing tool
tyt1.jpg
quick and easy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

i have about seven different firmware downloads including the original experimental one off Admiral but im still lost is there a way too just wipe the old firmware clean off and start with a new one ?and any ideas which one i should load !! thanks
love your familly
Paddydog
Regular
Regular

Post by Paddydog »

stanogs68 wrote:i have about seven different firmware downloads including the original experimental one off Admiral but im still lost is there a way too just wipe the old firmware clean off and start with a new one ?and any ideas which one i should load !! thanks
If you load a new firmwire on your md then it overwrites the one you had on before. It does not change your codeplug.

Have you got your promiscuous mode working?
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Stan, I trust you are doing the hold in PTT and button above when switching on and getting the flashing green and red LEDs before flashing???

You don't have to do that when loading codeplugs (like they say you do) but you do for flashing firmware.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Paddydog
Regular
Regular

Post by Paddydog »

Admiral do you have a working copy of promiscuous mode as the ones I have tried dont work

Cheers
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

Paddydog wrote:Admiral do you have a working copy of promiscuous mode as the ones I have tried dont work

Cheers
You are aware that the 'latest' hacked firmware by Travis Goodspeed requires you to manually turn on promiscuous mode from the 'tools' menu on the radio as by default it's off? The first hacked firmware with the "PoC||GTFO" splash screen had it on permanently with no facility to disable.
Paddydog
Regular
Regular

Post by Paddydog »

Admiral wrote:
Paddydog wrote:Admiral do you have a working copy of promiscuous mode as the ones I have tried dont work

Cheers
You are aware that the 'latest' hacked firmware by Travis Goodspeed requires you to manually turn on promiscuous mode from the 'tools' menu on the radio as by default it's off? The first hacked firmware with the "PoC||GTFO" splash screen had it on permanently with no facility to disable.
Yes I have turn it on in the menu bit no luck. It only opens up to the talkgroups that are in my list.
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

Admiral wrote:Stan, I trust you are doing the hold in PTT and button above when switching on and getting the flashing green and red LEDs before flashing???

You don't have to do that when loading codeplugs (like they say you do) but you do for flashing firmware.
do you mean by that Admiral holding down the two buttons before switching on yes ,if thats flashing ?
love your familly
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

Here's the 'original' hacked firmware that was knocking about in late 2015, there are no extra menu features, it just lets all TGs through whether in your list or not.

This is my Dropbox account which costs me money, so I won't be leaving it up for long as we're in a public forum and I don't want my account raped.

If anyone is reading this and the link has gone and you want this firmware, then drop me a PM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biz88n2lthkxg ... 6.zip?dl=0
Paddydog
Regular
Regular

Post by Paddydog »

Thanks admiral ive got it and will give this one a go :thumbup: :thumbup: