DSD-S**t Sorry I mean DSD+

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Re: DSD-Shit Sorry I mean DSD+

Post by stanogs68 »

admiral on hdsdr i set the sound up like you said ,when i set the speakers to output in hdsdr there is sound and dmr sound but no decode when i switch it to cable output i get the decode scrolling with no sound ,i cant get the sound to work with dsd+ ?? tried everything (i think ) ,in sdr# its more simple nay 26uk the sounds sttings are correct what your saying its sounds back to front but its not mate !!
love your familly
scottyboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by scottyboy »

sorry to hijack, but im looking to find out the latest version of dsd+ is? i currently have v1.101
2M0SRM

Quansheng tg-uv2
yaesu FT-7900E
Motorola DP3600 UHF + VHF
MTH800
MTP850s
SRH3800
CM-9000
MTM5400
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

scottyboy wrote:sorry to hijack, but im looking to find out the latest version of dsd+ is? i currently have v1.101
thats the latest one as far as i know
love your familly
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

silly question - bit does the dad screen show the presence of DSD or other sources and scroll down the screen. Mine does this fine - but audio coming out is extremely rare - so it was a shock to me to discover the thing seemed to receive the data, determine what it was, include details of slots and colour codes etc - but produce no audio. I assumed the screen would scrol; the data and the audio in real voices would come out. Out of around 20 DMR sources, and many quite strong ones, audio is resolved on just two.
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

thats my problem to but not audio at all
love your familly
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

DSD needs a good 5uV signal to give audio, but it's main usefulness is to snag the details needed to input into a 'proper' radio, it would be a very barren time using DSD as a monitoring station.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Admiral wrote:I don't use SDR#, but if you can hear DMR motorboat through the speakers then you ain't porting the SDR# output through the VB cable, if you're just worried about bandwidth then you can set it to WFM to get started, you'll see a load of data scrolling on DSD+, you've set the VB as default which is good, so dunno mate, you could give HDSDR a quick bash to see if that works for you.
Already done all that mate but still no difference.
Am I wrong in saying that an output is an output like a speaker for example and an input is an input like music or a mic.
It seems to me that vcable is confusing the inputs and outputs with vcable output in windows being a recording device and vcable input in windows being the playback device, surely they should be the other way round
Last edited by nay27uk on 09 Nov 2016, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
M6LIG / 2E0LIG / 26TM1995

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
YAESU FT-857D - Watson W50 - HF-SE-360
Malahit SDR - Ground Loop
Panasonic DR28-LBE
mickydt
Call Sign: 26tm441

Post by mickydt »

make sure vb cable is set as the default recording device in windows audio properties and default communication device.

in sdrsharp the audio input is the dongle you are using and the audio output is the vb cable don't worry that there is no sound.

next you need to use the command prompt depending on which dsd you are using. which is the windows built in one not dsd to do some coding.

it is fairly easy to follow using below - it will launch dsd+ and also start dsd+ decoding. if things go right don't forget to use the # keys to decode dmr -

Open a command prompt from Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt, and navigate to the folder where DSD+ is located. For those who are not familiar with the command prompt, use the “cd” command to change directories within command prompt. For example, if your DSD+ folder is located in c:\Radio\dsd+, you would type in command prompt “cd c:\Radio\dsd+″.

you can also double click dsd+ to launch and type the following below in to the dsd+ window-

Now type into the command prompt the command “dsd -i /dev/dsp -o /dev/dsp -fd” to begin decoding. This will use the default sound device set in Windows sound recording properties

tune in to a well known dmr signal and see if it decodes with sound.
supporting those with sickness and disabilities at - https://socialhub.forumotion.co.uk/
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

I just give up with this now.
Does any one wish to purchase a RTL-SDR HF + VHF- UHF kit I got from China not yet built and still in kit form?
I will pack it and post it anywhere in the UK for £5 all in.
Will then save up and build myself a real SDR like I had before the Softrock Ensemble II because these RTL are crap. Either that or dsd+ is crap and mixing Inputs and Outputs up

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Admiral wrote:I don't use SDR#, but if you can hear DMR motorboat through the speakers then you ain't porting the SDR# output through the VB cable, if you're just worried about bandwidth then you can set it to WFM to get started, you'll see a load of data scrolling on DSD+, you've set the VB as default which is good, so dunno mate, you could give HDSDR a quick bash to see if that works for you.
Yeah already tried it so that no motorboting or farting noises are coming out until I start DSD only when I open DSD and it is scrolling do I get the Farting/ Motorboting noise so it is defo being ported through DSD and still when it says in DSD that a Voice Header has been found I am still not getting any voice it is still just the Farting digital noise even though a Chanel ect shows up in DSD.

Also can someone please explain what the heck is ment by a bloody Colour Code? In the DSD Chanel thingy I see text in different colours mostly all green but is this what people are referring to when they talk of Colour Codes? It would help if when folk mention Colour Codes if they could explain to newbies what a Colour Code is and where to look for them.
Last edited by nay27uk on 09 Nov 2016, 23:17, edited 3 times in total.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Got some coax coming tomorrow so I can temporarily get the sandpiper outside to check if it is a signal problem (unlikely) as all signals are over 25% on SDR Sharps S Meter and some are up to and over 80% but just to try it.

If that don't work then their is big time problems with either Vcable or DSD+

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

OK Just to ad to this thread I attache the following settings I have messed around with in the DSD Configuration for the DSD Plug In

Number 1
Changed these Input and Output around and put 2 as the first and 1 as the second and starting DSD with any setting other than what is in the picture for Input and Output DSD says it cant find the source and closes.
I have also played around with the CH preset here changing both to MONO, LEFT, RIGHT, AUTO Changed the first one to LEFT and the second to RIGHT etc and still nothing.

Number 2
Played around with this gradually upping it by one line at a time Still nothing.

Number 3
Changed this line to .mp3 and set the time in the dropdown to 1.
Still Nothing.

Picture is of the default values
DSD Settings.png
Bear with me here I am just adding screen shots as I go so the members here may be able to see what my problem is.

More screen shots to come
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

OK next is the sound settings.

ALL and I do mean ALL are set to 16Bit 48000 (studio Quality) or (DVD Quality) dependant on the 48000 settings available for each but I chose all to be 16 Bit 48000 apart from in picture 2 where I had to select either 1 Channel or 2 Channels I went for 1 Channel after doing a lot of reading on this DSD subject.

see screen caps below.

First PLAYBACK DEVICES, "Cable Input" (sure this should say "Cable Output" if you are playing something then it is an output and not an input)
Cable Input.jpg
Next RECORDING DEVICES, "Cable Output" (Sure this should say "Cable Input" if you are recording something then it is an input not an output)
Cable Output.jpg
Last is my speaker output setting of my onboard sound card.
Sound Card.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

I will post here shortly or tomorrow when frequencies are a bit busier some screenshots of DSD decoding some +DMR but with no audio at all

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

OK before I add what I said above I forgot to add a screen capture of my VB Cable settings
NOTICE that both the input and output I have set to 1CH all are 16Bit 48000 and set to FL (front left ONLY).
VBCable.png

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE