AOR control software for Windows10

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
petedyork
Regular
Regular

AOR control software for Windows10

Post by petedyork »

Hello there - does anyone have any software for windows 10 ?
I've recently updated to a new PC & Win10 - and none of my previous AR8000/3000a control software works - error message "this software cannot run in windows10 - contact the vendor for a new version"
I've tried all the various compatibility mode options - but cannot get it to run.
Any ideas anyone please ?

Thanks
PeteD, York
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: AOR control software for Windows10

Post by Admiral »

Have you contacted the vendor? ie checked the websites of the software provider or clicked the 'help' tab from within the software to see if there is an update?
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Re: AOR control software for Windows10

Post by bigbloke »

I upgraded my radio server motherboard to a 64 bit and went from xp pro to win 7 64 bit , but drivers were impossible so i went back to 32 bit (you can get a legal OEM licence key for about 20 quid) Some of the aor stuff is actually 16 bit ! which still works under win7 32 bit - but not 10 sadly

I think I have one aor3000 ap that runs on 32 bit win 10 but not on 64

My recomendation would be to dedicate a spare PC to windows 7 32 bit , or if your current PC flies , install oracle virtual box and run a windows 7 32 bit image in that

Regards

BB