Philips/Simoco cable schematic.

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Philips/Simoco cable schematic.

Post by Admiral »

If anyone has the shematic for the programming cable for Philips/Simoco SRP8010/SRP8020/SRP8030 either with RIB or RIBless I'd be very grateful.

Or better still, if anyone has one for sale or knows where one can be purchased then I'd be equally grateful.

I have the software.

Cheers in advance.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Re: Philips/Simoco cable schematic.

Post by Admiral »

Help. please guys, my dopey mate has bought a lorry load of these things from an auction, about 300 handies, mixture of SRP8010's. 8020's and some 8030's, ex-New Zealand council stuff.

As a sweetener, if anyone can help then there's what looks like a VHF repeater in it for them if they want it.
dcwuk
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by dcwuk »

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
I'm commenting on an internet forum, why should your facts sway my opinion?
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

Thanks dcwuk, but that's the mobile programming lead that uses the RJ45 mic socket, I already have one of those, I need the portable lead.

But any links to any site are welcome.

I still don't know what the hell we're going to do with these sets even programmed. :shock:
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

Can someone please tell me I'm not the only one that sits in a freezing cold garage in the evenings with a tub of graffiti wipes cleaning up old gear with felt tip markings and years of spit and nicotine in the speaker grills.

Please.
Spike
Regular
Regular

Post by Spike »

butch wrote:Can someone please tell me I'm not the only one that sits in a freezing cold garage in the evenings with a tub of graffiti wipes cleaning up old gear with felt tip markings and years of spit and nicotine in the speaker grills.

Please.

:lol: :lol:
You're not the only one Butch, although I haven't done it for a while now.

With regard to the lead. I know RTS have previously sold 8020's with the option of having them programmed to your specific frequencies and they have a sales dept for accessories/spares.
May be worth a try?

I can't find any schematics but I'll keep an eye out.
Ian

East Northamptonshire Shooting Association

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” Benjamin Franklin

"It is are not raining in Tokyo"
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

I've had an excellent email from tbftb with a schematic, and it is so simple even I can do it, and it looks like I can start with a Kenwood lead.

When the Kenwood lead I ordered gets here and I've had a go, if it works I'll publish a 'how to' here.
mickfitzer
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 29SF332

Post by mickfitzer »

Did it work Admiral?
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

Wow, time machine, I had so much hair and so many more teeth back then.

No, it didn't, we had no strategy, just bought a job lot of interesting radios for a seeming bargain. It turned out that the radios we had, the best way to reprogram was to remove the EPROM from the radio and reprogram the EPROM in a stand alone re-programmer.

I moved them on as a job lot because even if we did get them programmed up, what frequencies to put in and who to sell to? We really didn't think it through. I made about £40 profit on them after auction fees, but spent about 20 man hours cleaning all the crap off of them, so £2 an hour for horrible work, a lesson learned.
tbftb
Regular
Regular

Post by tbftb »

I got the prog lead schematic from the service manual.... The prog lead is connected directly to a serial port, no RIB needed.
I'll send you a PDF of the Manual if you want.... tbftb