Uniden Uniace 300 serial numbers

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Uniden Uniace 300 serial numbers

Post by 108EH002 »

Have recently picked up a Uniden Uniace 300 homebase CB (one of the locals got it from Knights a month ago) the radio has the dark green strip at the front along the bottom.The serial number of my radio is 73 000087 and was manufactured in Taiwan R.O.C.

Spoke to Reiner in south west Germany yesterday,on UK Ch21 or 27.801.25 Fm with this radio 👍
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Re: Uniden 300 serial numbers

Post by cb4ever104 »

I remember ordering mine from the CB shop in Largs when they were first released . Can't remember the exact year . Maybe 83/84 ? I was a bit disappointed when I opened it up to find it had the same pcb as my Audioline 341. Anyway , I still had lots of contacts with it , and lots of fond memories using it .

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

...and not to be confused with the crappy-boarded KP77.

I had the Uniden and Audioline homebases back in the day, but found they were a bit too deaf compared with my Fidelity homebase when talking long-distance. They were probably 10 times more reliable though admittedly, although my Fidelity's still going strong nearly 37 years on.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

The Collector wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 15:34 ...and not to be confused with the crappy-boarded KP77.

I had the Uniden and Audioline homebases back in the day, but found they were a bit too deaf compared with my Fidelity homebase when talking long-distance. They were probably 10 times more reliable though admittedly, although my Fidelity's still going strong nearly 37 years on.
Those KP77's are just terrible. Back in the day plenty of folk bought and used them in the belief that they were just a rebranded Audioline 345. How mistaken they were. Anyhow, I have a Uniden 300 here. It's one of the later ones with the black inlay behind the controls and the modified PCB with a crystal filter replacing the ceramic one used on the older boards. Not sure of the serial number. I'd have to dig it out to check.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Were there 2 different-coloured inlays, or did the black one just turn green with age/UV rays...or was there an Uniden 300 and also a separate "Uniace" version if I recall correctly (I'm probably wrong though as I don't collect homebases)?
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

The Collector wrote: 25 Dec 2018, 21:54 Were there 2 different-coloured inlays, or did the black one just turn green with age/UV rays...or was there an Uniden 300 and also a separate "Uniace" version if I recall correctly (I'm probably wrong though as I don't collect homebases)?
The older original Uniden Homebase, the Uniden "Uniace 300", has a bottle green coloured inlay behind the controls. The later version, the Uniden "Uniden 300", has a black insert behind the controls.

Not sure if this was in keeping with the black fronted 100's and 200's which came into production at the same time, but it would make sense if that were the case. The later Uniden's were also built in the Philippines.

The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Ahhh.. I say that because there's a "Uniace" homebase that's got a black inlay on it on ebay at the mo.

I know some of the old radios like the Realistic TRC2000 had a black front that slowly turned a bronze colour from uv rays and so did some JWR's amongst others.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Is this the one you mention?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4104047926

It's definitely got the lighter green insert along the bottom. I don't think the photo's show it very clearly though. Compare these images of the one in the above link (the Uniace) and the later model. You'll see a clear difference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Yeah, that's the one above.

I've seen the greeny-coloured panels before but assumed at first that they might have faded from black to a grey-green. I couldn't see why they'd introduce green, but I've seen worse colour combinations before now. I suppose the best way to prove it was green originally would be to find NOS ones and to look at the strip on each. The old magazines probably wouldn't show them clearly enough, plus most pictures of them would be in B&W in the central pages.

Cheers.
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

Please look at this old magazines

https://www.flickr.com/photos/88011785@ ... 1682553112

From lambrettadave

PCB PA-096AA

@+
Claude
Photo Collector CB RADIO
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Thanks Claude / Dave.

You can see the panel is lighter than the black front itself even in the mag' article, although it looks more grey than green on the ebay one pictured above. I suppose they're easily swapped over anyway as they look identical bar the colour.

Sorry for taking this off-topic a bit by the way ;)
108EH002
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 108EH002 »

The Collector wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 11:32 Thanks Claude / Dave.

You can see the panel is lighter than the black front itself even in the mag' article, although it looks more grey than green on the ebay one pictured above. I suppose they're easily swapped over anyway as they look identical bar the colour.

Sorry for taking this off-topic a bit by the way ;)
Can't easily get Taiwan on the back ;)
Plenty are talking worldwide on 27.555 usb,
Some are too far up their own @rse to admit it,
Many happen to know otherwise dx-ing test free,
Showing a complete lack of respect for the law.

27.555 Usb