Noise cancelling speakers

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
DX Duster
Regular
Regular

Noise cancelling speakers

Post by DX Duster »

Hi guys I’m after opinions on the bhi range or does anyone have experience of any good noise cancelling speakers

Thanks

Carl
ch25
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: Lemmy

Re: Noise cancelling speakers

Post by ch25 »

Snake oil if you ask me.
Chris
WE ARE MOTÖRHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK N' ROLL
You can't have too many antennas...
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

I have the BHI Noise away unit, I forget the model number, Anyhow when i first used it i thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, But after using it for a while iv'e came to the conclusion its nothing more than an ''auditory trick'', It does make listening a bit less harsh on the ears especially under QRM conditions,

Iv'e also noticed that it lowers the tone of the incoming audio, So stations with deep audio can sound muffled.

You can get the same unit that installs directly inside your radio, But mine is external, Which means i can use it on any radio,

Are they a cure to all ill's ? The answer would be a big fat NO
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Those FM Cruncher noise filters in the 80's were reputed to be quite good, but I'm not sure if they'd work on other modes??? They apparently cut right down on the hissy white noise.

You could always create your own filter by wrapping an old sock around the speaker and putting a piece of cheese in your ears ;)