Rm 203 input. Dilemma

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Re: Rm 203 input. Dilemma

Post by original45 »

I will look at this. The cobra power mic is set at level 2 and seems to be fine not over audio.
I'm not into whistling shouting either .

So let me get this straight I have found info on the net that suggests their is two power adjustment pots.
One being for am fm power ,the other alc only adjusts the output on the ssb side.alc pot was suggested earlier
So I think it will leave the am fm rf power dial and its output as it is ,but only reduce its output for ssb by reducing alc ?. And only ssb output ? .

Just so I'm clear
163TM847
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 163TM847 »

The VRs are usually marked on the PCB to say what they are for, ALC will only adjust SSB, And AM/FM should be set to around 10w with variable on the front up full, Of coarse lower AM/FM power VR wouldn't do any harm
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Post by original45 »

Thank you Nick, if you were closer it would be on your bench done properly .
I would only consider posting it as very last resort.
I have seen how parcels get treated first hand.

I have a swr power meter for 10 /100 watt and I have many times adjusted meter needles,modulation ,rf gain so on.

I will consider this some. See if any reputable guys locally could a just it professionally.
If that's my only best option.

Either that or buy a second ,not so mint lol.

Thank you for confirming this Nick.
Appreciated.