Turner jm 2 u +

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
DX Duster
Regular
Regular

Turner jm 2 u +

Post by DX Duster »

Hi guys I have got one of these mikes from eBay it’s came with a radio only issue I have is it keys up but no audio is transmitted.it’s got a new battery in it I’m at a loss to be honest any help much appreciated

Carl
prettypolly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26FB185

Re: Turner jm 2 u +

Post by prettypolly »

The ceramic mic element could be broken there very hard to find if it's not that start by the ptt switch by process of elimination
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Hi Carl.

If you have a multimeter try doing a continuity test on the audio wire. The JM2-U are old mic's and the wire could be broken due to age/use. Also ensure that the battery terminals are free from corrosion.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
wa10
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by wa10 »

Test the cartridge with a digital multimeter set to AC millivolts, whistle into the cartridge, id expect 50mv or more.
W8JI
"An antenna with a poor ground using few radials cannot have a support mast grounded to the radial common point (at least it shouldn't if designed properly) There is no exception to this!