Function menu.

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
sureshot
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM413

Function menu.

Post by sureshot »

Stuck on something in the superstar 6900 menu, I've tried the manual pdf I have, but it's not listed in there. In the function menu does anyone know what (CSU BEU) they go from 1 - 69 I think. Currently set both on 31 as when I got the radio. Anyone know what these two settings are for ? I've tried YouTube tutorials, nothing there either. Any help appreciated.
CB call. Shipwreck.
sickboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Function menu.

Post by sickboy »

I found this on one site
CSU: This menu is to adjust the side tone of CW SIDE VOL CW. 64 grades in total. Default: 31
BEU: This menu is to set the volume of prompt tone. 64 grades in total (OFF,0-63).Default: 3

This is how it's described on another site
CSU : adjustment CW Tone
BEU : adjustment beep button volume
Embrace your inner muppet !
sureshot
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM413

Re: Function menu.

Post by sureshot »

sickboy wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 22:31 I found this on one site
CSU: This menu is to adjust the side tone of CW SIDE VOL CW. 64 grades in total. Default: 31
BEU: This menu is to set the volume of prompt tone. 64 grades in total (OFF,0-63).Default: 3

This is how it's described on another site
CSU : adjustment CW Tone
BEU : adjustment beep button volume
Thank you for the reply, yes, I ended up finding it in a youtube video of a CRE 8900 radio. Same menu pretty much, don't know why it wasn't in the manual download pages, odd that.
Thanks again for that. :)
CB call. Shipwreck.