What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2020)

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by The Collector »

I've gone a bit crazy and bought 2 more 934mhz radios, a Uniace 400 (the rare blue thing) and a Reftek.

The 934mhz Cybernet I bought for a tenner fires up okay but the internal speaker ist kaput.

Just need to get a 934mhz antenna now :?
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Never got the fascination with 934Mhz & the price those radios are fetching even though we had that band taken off us
(as another form of C.B) many years ago now & even if you go on 2m or 70cms it is like a grave yard 90% of the time for local activity (i know up here in the NW of England) you can hear the Tumbleweeds blowing around, so why would that far up the radio spectrum on UHF be any different???.

I would imagine there is more chance of activity on 446Mhz which would more likely justify spending money on.

Just my view on it,but each to their own.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Mine'll never get any real use, they'll just be sat on a shelf looking pretty. I've never owned any before (will now have 3 in the next few days) and have always ignored them on ebay, but there's been very little stuff of interest to me for quite a while now, so they've been bought to relieve the boredom to be honest!

I've been looking at some websites and there still seems to be some interest in them, plus TM1 has had quite a few topics on them in the past few years alone. Distances reached have been great and there used to be 934mhz competitions.

As the saying goes "little things please little minds" ;)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Oooo...another blue-coloured 934 Uniden 400 has appeared on ebay. Once one item sells that had a fair bit of interest, it soon gets others coming out of the woodwork :)
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

The Collector wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 14:16 Oooo...another blue-coloured 934 Uniden 400 has appeared on ebay. Once one item sells that had a fair bit of interest, it soon gets others coming out of the woodwork :)
It's the same when a really nice 148 sells for a stupid amount of money. A stream of wrecks hit Ebay for a daft amount.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Well my 934mhz Uniace 400 purchase didn't go too well as it's arrived with a digit bit missing, squelch control locked solid and it transmits all on its own without touching the mic' on ch35 for some weird reason. It was advertised as fully working, so that'll probably be going back as there's no way I can sort out that latter issue.

To console myself, I just bought this mint-looking and boxed Midland Portapak on a £35 BIN price. It might need a new 5-pin DIN plug as it looks dodgy on the pic's though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CaptainKirk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: KIRKY

Post by CaptainKirk »

£39 posted good price matey you did well.
CAPTAIN KIRK-26TM013/26CT013/26UK013 John mobile South Cheshire.
simonthewizard

Post by simonthewizard »

Bought an Astatic Teardrop for €75 including shipping and TWO arrived

Bought a Avanti Moonraker 6ft Mobile Antenna New Old stock

And bought a Harrier CBHQ with UK, EU, Low and Low Low for £110 delivered
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

simonthewizard wrote: 12 Jun 2019, 11:52 Bought an Astatic Teardrop for €75 including shipping and TWO arrived

"I said you buy one, you get one free!"

Remember the SafestyleUK ad? ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

CaptainKirk wrote: 12 Jun 2019, 11:39 £39 posted good price matey you did well.
Cheers Cap'.

As suspected, it needs a new mic' plug. It must have had an issue with the RX sound cutting out now and again, so the previous owner thought they'd simply cut along the plug cover, peel it off and fill inbetween the 5 wires with Tiger Seal car body panel sealant!!! It wasn't successful though as it still did it when plugged in and slightly wiggled. I just need to rob a plug off another mic' and solder it on...if I can find one that solders on that is as some seem to be non-reusable like the original Midland one is.
Once done, I just need to carefully scratch some polystyrene bits off the case (probably been in the box for 30yrs). If I can find my own Portapak box, I'll photocopy the instruction manual as that's missing, but all the other little bits 2 brackets and screws etc. are still in there in the bag.
It looks mint apart from the original numpty owner scratched their postcode into the bottom radio casing and mic' back. Muppet.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Just bought some mint-looking brackets for my Audioline 342 in-car radio. I've got what looks like a brand new boxed one, but there were no brackets in the box and they're very hard to come by, especially not rusty.

Sad bugger I am ;)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

:wtf: Bought a nice looking and cheap marine transceiver for some reason. Not quite sure why yet but thought it might relieve the boredom one of the nights... if I can pick something up from here that is.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

2 x NOS Lafayette 2400FMs
2400FM_2.JPG
Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
13EL121
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 13DA121

Post by 13EL121 »

Alan 8001 old model came in some days ago...
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello Ralf

Very nice

Thank you for adding beautiful photos of the platinum interior component side and circuit side for my collection ;)

@+
Claude
Photo Collector CB RADIO