What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2020)

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by Crusader »

A boxed Harrier CBX, worth a punt at £20 including P&P :) ....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HARRIER-CB-X ... 2749.l2649
Blackolive
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: G4WCS

Post by Blackolive »

100 watt linear. will be used with the Belcom ( and a low pass filter ) on 10 M, once its finished
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

The Collector wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 19:20 Thats about 1%, keep going ;)
Possibly quite a high estimate there Mr. C.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Blackolive wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 08:17 100 watt linear. will be used with the Belcom ( and a low pass filter ) on 10 M, once its finished

Nice to see another Belcom still about, i have a none "L" model,no LSB but not too fussed about that.

Got it in a job lot i bought,sold the other rigs & this one stands me at nowt now 8)

This one has been expanded & has had a 3 position band switch fitted also the send/receive switch selects x2 ranges 24/25/26 Mhz & 27/28/29 Mhz,so coverage is 24-30Mhz.

Love the feel of the VFO encoder on these rigs too,classic rigs well worth keeping :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blackolive
Regular
Regular

Post by Blackolive »

Ooh Nice. yes they do have a nice feel to them. Ive got mine receiving but the transmit side still needs going through.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Blackolive wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 10:29 Ooh Nice. yes they do have a nice feel to them. Ive got mine receiving but the transmit side still needs going through.

Good stuff, just browsing on Ebay & the below turned up...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belcom-LS-10 ... SwP2BcpKDv

might be worth while obtaining that as information on these Belcom's seems pretty scarce.
Last edited by Crusader on 04 Apr 2019, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
Blackolive
Regular
Regular

Post by Blackolive »

Crusader wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 12:42
Blackolive wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 10:29 Ooh Nice. yes they do have a nice feel to them. Ive got mine receiving but the transmit side still needs going through.

Good stuff, just browsing on Ebay & the below tuned up...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belcom-LS-10 ... SwP2BcpKDv

might be worth while obtaining that as information on these Belcom's seems pretty scarce.

Will you be bidding ? I do have a poor photocopy of the manual and some circuits but an original copy would be nice, will have a punt on it wouldnt like to pip you to the post though as you gave the heads up on it :thumbup:
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Hi pal, nah no need for it,although it is similar to my none "L" model there is no guarantee that the schematics are exactly the same,so no point me bidding on it really,so fire away pal,i just thought it may come in useful for you while fixing the one you have there :thumbup: .

Regards,Shaun :)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Crusader wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 23:25 A boxed Harrier CBX, worth a punt at £20 including P&P :) ....

You jammy git Shaun lol
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

The Collector wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 16:34
Crusader wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 23:25 A boxed Harrier CBX, worth a punt at £20 including P&P :) ....

You jammy git Shaun lol
:lol: Good things come to those that wait pal,not one to pay ludicrous prices on there for radios.

Will give it a check out when it arrives,hopefully its working but i could sell the box for £25 on Ebay right ??? ;)
Moreupsthandownz
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM672

Post by Moreupsthandownz »

May not be the rarest bit of kit, took delivery of it today. A nice MK1 Lincoln to add alongside my other sick MK1. And thanks to Black Spirit got my Petrusse Pacific 160 back working brilliantly, thanks Nick 👍😊
Nato 2000
Lafayette AFS-805 MKII
Ham International Concorde 2
Major M360
Superstar 360FM
Petrusse Pacific 160
President Lincoln MK1
Alinco DR135UK
Kenwood TS-480HX
Yaesu FT-2000
:D
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Well the boxed Harrier CBX that i paid £20 including p&p arrived this morning....

All working perfect as it should & in near new condition,everything there in the box but missing its original mounting bracket as i suspected it would be,why people leave these in cars etc when they remove the radio is beyond me {bnghd} .

So if anybody has one for sale let me know,cheers,Shaun :thumbup:
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

Crusader wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 11:47 Well the boxed Harrier CBX that i paid £20 including p&p arrived this morning....

All working perfect as it should & in near new condition,everything there in the box but missing its original mounting bracket as i suspected it would be,why people leave these in cars etc when they remove the radio is beyond me {bnghd} .

were the hell do you find boxed great radios for daft money Shaun ,i waited ages for a mint one ,not boxed and paid £50 :thumbdown: :D
love your familly
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Well I've blown my £25 monthly CB stash three times over, by buying a snazzy boxed as-new modern fandangled Cobra 29LX EU thingy. I'm not a fan of modern stuff, but always liked the look of these. I just had to ensure I bought a fully working one as I've heard they suffer from bad processors or some other serious fault.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

stanogs68 wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 21:55
Crusader wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 11:47 Well the boxed Harrier CBX that i paid £20 including p&p arrived this morning....

were the hell do you find boxed great radios for daft money Shaun ,i waited ages for a mint one ,not boxed and paid £50 :thumbdown: :D

Hi pal :), i mainly keep my eyes peeled on Ebay,but as most of us know the CB Collectors / Dealers ask daft money on there now just as they do on the Facebook Groups.

I don't waste my time (or money) on auction format sales on Ebay anymore as it either results in either shill bidding or numpties bidding stupid amounts against you,i am just opportunistic & wait for house clearance companies etc to list them at realistic BIN prices as CB ain't worth spending a fortune on these days (IMO).

Don't get me wrong i aint tight fisted but just refuse to pay greedy internet seller / lunatic prices & bide my time until the radio i want comes along at the right price ;)

Best regards,Shaun :thumbup: