President lincoln chipswitch price to high ?

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Re: President lincoln chipswitch price to high ?

Post by dt307 »

Thanks Andreas will contact you soon m8 as on holls ATM

If I could sort a supply out I would sell at little over cost and prob do a install and service cheap . Early days we see if can get the ball rolling when I get back to uk
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Sounds like a decent project for someone .

It's a subject that interests me , but I'd need to go back and do a fair bit of reading first .

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
jkb

Post by jkb »

What extra does the chip give you please?
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

cb4ever104 wrote:
Otter wrote:Well, those ones in the picture sold on eBay USA. They give the HR2600s CB capability.
I really meant over here Tim . I'm trying to think how many people would pay £120 for one ?

S
I have a 2600 and it can't be converted in the same way a Lincoln/2830/2510 can.

I chose the cheapskate option and swapped out the 22Mhz crystal for a 20Mhz. The radio now covers 26.000 to 27.700Mhz. Perfect for use on 11 metres after a small tune up.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

ch25 wrote:@dt307 - CPU in Lincoln and similar is HD4074008. Maybe your son in law could create firmware better than chipswitch.
Chris
You definitely can't read the code out of a ChipSwitch like you can with the early Lincolns. I know, I have read and modified the code from the UC1197 (or whatever the first one was with the PROM memory) and the ChipSwitch won't read the same way; I have a couple and I've tried it. It's either mask programmed or a different chip.
Last edited by Otter on 12 Aug 2017, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

To be honest, it's easier these days just to put a PIC in. I did that, and so has someone else on here I think.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1