Workman saturn B100 antenna

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Laidbackelevenmeters
Call Sign: 9tm003

Workman saturn B100 antenna

Post by Laidbackelevenmeters »

Anybody know anything about this antenna
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Re: Workman saturn B100 antenna

Post by NightProwler »

Yes and I am sure many others will agree that the best thing to do with it is dig a very large hole in the lawn and bury it quickly or throw it one direction and then run the other direction :thumbup:
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM953

Post by ghost123uk »

Agreed ^^^

I love the comment by one of the sellers of these here on Amazon = "Covers All 40 Channels!" which is handy :lol: (though it doesn't state which 40 channels :roll: )

One of THESE dipole centre thingies, with 2 x DV27s would be a much better solution for a cheap compact aerial with reasonable performance.
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

ghost123uk wrote:
I love the comment by one of the sellers of these here on Amazon = "Covers All 40 Channels!" which is handy :lol: (though it doesn't state which 40 channels :roll: )

Well, as it's on dot com, the seller is called Tags America, and the price is in US Dollars and shipping is quoted for the US then I think it's fair to assume that the 40 channels in question are the only 40 channels the FCC allow in the US.

And sorry OP, I have no idea if this thing is any use or not, the guys above don't seem to rate it too highly.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

I stocked a very similar looking aerial in my shop back in the day, but I quickly decided not to stock them as they became known as the four foot dummy load :twisted:
John, on the S. Cheshire / N. Shropshire border. 26TM953 / muppet handle "Grey ghost"
Don't just monitor, key up and talk, otherwise everyone thinks no one else is out there !!!
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

ghost123uk wrote:they became known as the four foot dummy load :twisted:
Ha, nice one, they look on the picture like a VHF marine band antenna I have in the junk room.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
ghost123uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ghost123uk »

Someone used to market a scanner aerial that looked very much the same. Supposed to cover from HF to UHF. They were total rubbish as well.