President Himalaya???

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
barefootindian
Call Sign: 29SC01

President Himalaya???

Post by barefootindian »

Hi has anybody bought the President Himalaya base antenna. I looked at the Navada Radio site page and there are different versions of it. Is it a good investment wind /strength wise and performance wise??? Any information on it is appreciated Thanks...
simonthewizard

Re: President Himalaya???

Post by simonthewizard »

There are two versions Himalaya.

One has tuning rings like Antron99 and 5 Graphite radials that are horizontal at the base of the antenna

Now there is new Himalaya WB (Wideband) no tuning rings, SWR Good from 24.8-29mhz and just put in Sky job done.

I've used both, after using the usual Himalaya 5 years and keep taking it up and down to hills the thread got loose base to middle section. But was replaced under warranty as comes with long life guarantee. (antenna swapped one old for one new)

They sit in sky quite well, had no issues with mine. Best QSO on original was Alaska and on new one Saudi Arabia but conditions are quite poor now.

Original with tuning rings guess like A99 sort of, build and performance
New version, no tuning, just put up and call really

Simon
barefootindian
Call Sign: 29SC01

Post by barefootindian »

That's the kind of information that I was looking for. Clear and to the point. Thanks for that Simon.

Seán

aka barefootindian
simonthewizard

Post by simonthewizard »

barefootindian wrote:That's the kind of information that I was looking for. Clear and to the point. Thanks for that Simon.

Seán

aka barefootindian
Your welcome, need anything else drop me a line

Regards
Simon
www.simonthewizard.com
brynnaman
Regular
Regular

Post by brynnaman »

Just got one the wb was a sirio man but this is great screw together put up 30mins.
Very good in the 40-50mph winds.