RF Limited Magnum 1 Supplier

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

RF Limited Magnum 1 Supplier

Post by Auldgeek »

Hello,

I'm interested in acquiring one of these radios. I know they are not to everyone's liking but they seem to perform well and I like the wide coverage.

Anyway, I can import one from the US for about £260 delivered with all duties paid. I see one seller in Holland (Truckerswereld) but it will cost slightly more at around £275.
Does anyone know of a UK or other European supplier?
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
simonthewizard

Re: RF Limited Magnum 1 Supplier

Post by simonthewizard »

Best bet is Ronald Truckerswereld as he buys them from Avera, or there is Funktechnik Bielefeld in Germany but gets them from Avera, or Konektor5000 in Poland but he gets them from...... You guessed it

Truckerswereld
Avera
Konektor5000
Funktechnik Bielefeld

But you'd email them first as only few were imported to EU as checks on ROHS get stronger.

Simon
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

Thanks Simon,

I would have thought one of the UK dealers would have advertised them by now but there doesn't seem to be any sign of them from the usual suspects.
I'll see what the costs are from the continent via the other dealers you mention but as it stands, importing from the US is cheaper by about £15-20 even after import duty.

Cheers

Drew
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
simonthewizard

Post by simonthewizard »

Like all things Drew, price at the end "for just a MAXLOG" as some think stopped many from ordering them in. They are good radios, I've got one and like it. Sure it has its quirks and can be skitty now and then but you can tell the difference in SSB (it isn't a MAXLOG)
Importation into EU also got trickier for some companies so harder indeed these days.
Best bet USA I'd say.

Simon