Astatic Teardrop?

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Strolling thru 27Mhz
Regular
Regular

Astatic Teardrop?

Post by Strolling thru 27Mhz »

Hi Boys & Girls.
I've got the new President Lincoln II, version 3 arriving tomorrow. :thumbup:
I've heard good reports about the audio on them, but if it's not quite up to scratch, do any of you know who sells an Astatic Teardrop Microphone?
My mooching has yielded nothing, and one site that I stumbled upon, even said it was discontinued now (how sad is that?)
If I can't get hold of one, can anyone recommend a good base Mic to go with it instead?
I used to like using a Leson TW 232 with a Cobra 148 or Superstar 360 a few years back, but those are rare now too.
Plus I have no idea if they would be suitable to use with something so new and digital as this coming radio is.... thanks for reading... Gaz
How can you expect people to know what you're all about, if you don't give out any signals ? :?
Buick Mackane

Re: Astatic Teardrop?

Post by Buick Mackane »

Strolling thru 27Mhz wrote: do any of you know who sells an Astatic Teardrop Microphone?
Irish radio trader hes your man ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTATIC-TEARD ... Sw-vlVhF8Y
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
163TM847
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 163TM847 »

The Rf Limited CERAMIC CR577 mic is the next best thing to the astatic and better build quality.
k40
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM788

Post by k40 »

Black Spirit wrote:The Rf Limited CERAMIC CR577 mic is the next best thing to the astatic and better build quality.
But not as loud :(
prettypolly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26FB185

Post by prettypolly »

One here but it's not cheap