JENTEC time again.

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
zippy
Call Sign: 26TM537

Re: JENTEC time again.

Post by zippy »

radio pete wrote:that's not the john i new as his prices where preset ,all his kit was listed I still have copies of the price list & if you could call on him he had to know you well as that was how it was back then with the DTI etc looking around.
I may have gone through more than one third party then, this guy said he was a ham and he said his name was john, anyway, I got the radio done for £100 in the end and got all my money back when I sold it, cant remember if it was a mk4 or 5, to long ago now. it didn't seem a big deal back then, just a radio, looks like people want some silly money for them now though, I read that they drifted bad, once mine was on for 10 minutes it didn't drift and ounce for the rest of the night.
Alinco DR135DX, Baofeng UV-5R, TYT MD380 (UHF), Realistic Pro-2035, JRC NRD-545 DSP, whitestick and ½ wave silver pole on the chimney and various lengths of wire draped around the garden.
Queball
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Queball »

A possible Jentec on gumtree this morning but must have been sold as is has gone now.
gholdq on youtube.com
26TM265
26FB165
26CT066
26UK165
Ashtec
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: M6LTD

Post by Ashtec »

radio pete wrote:I used to mod the spring in the incremental encoder & with the weight of the alloy knob it worked & felt nice to operate bit like a HF set of the time
i also did the same setup to a few lincoln/2830s

What was the incremental encoder from as i've not come across another since well not like the ones used in the Jentec's
radio pete
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26EY49G7xxx

Post by radio pete »

The encodrs came from cirkit electronics Broxbourne long gone now
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

radio pete wrote:The encodrs came from cirkit electronics Broxbourne long gone now
Oh never heard of them saying that i wasn't about when Jentecs was made.... :D
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Cirkit Electro Components are though if it's the same people that is???
cjay
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: cjay

Post by cjay »

radio pete wrote:The encodrs came from cirkit electronics Broxbourne long gone now
And a damn shame that is too.

Prior to being renamed Cirkit they were Ambit International and were responsible for a bunch of lovely radio kits (Ambit Noise Squelch being the one most people here might know) as well as being UK distributors for Toko coils and loads of other extremely useful radio bits.

Used to love their catalogue when I was a kid.
MM6eco
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: MM6ECO

Post by MM6eco »

Yip I remember them for having a superb booklet on took coil and tape deck parts. I also remember cricklewoods great booklet around the same time.
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

cjay wrote:
And a damn shame that is too.

Prior to being renamed Cirkit they were Ambit International and were responsible for a bunch of lovely radio kits (Ambit Noise Squelch being the one most people here might know) as well as being UK distributors for Toko coils and loads of other extremely useful radio bits.

Used to love their catalogue when I was a kid.

Sorry yes i do now you have put this :D must be old age :(
Cirkit/Ambit International used to also make FM noise squelch units...
tony2803
Call Sign: 163TM2803

Post by tony2803 »

I have been thinking wether i can install a frequency display in my Superstar 360FM by taking out the channel dispaly board.
This would by similar to the external display that can be plugged into the SS3900 but actaully installed into the front panel of my 360FM.
Would this be possible or would i encounter problems and if possible is there a freuqency display unit out the that would have same size display numbers. Is this possible. Thanks.
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

tony2803 wrote:I have been thinking wether i can install a frequency display in my Superstar 360FM by taking out the channel dispaly board.
This would by similar to the external display that can be plugged into the SS3900 but actaully installed into the front panel of my 360FM.
Would this be possible or would i encounter problems and if possible is there a freuqency display unit out the that would have same size display numbers. Is this possible. Thanks.
Yes this can be done..........with one of them add on Counters you can buy for the SS3900 have a word with Irishman1127
cjay
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: cjay

Post by cjay »

tony2803 wrote:I have been thinking wether i can install a frequency display in my Superstar 360FM by taking out the channel dispaly board.
Well, yes, you can but it'd need a good amount of hacking about of the metalwork and bezel, would be a shame to mess around with a good example but If you've got a real dog of a radio then why not...
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

Why not just buy a Superstar 3900f or Galaxy pluto?
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
Queball
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Queball »

The return of the dremal looms.
gholdq on youtube.com
26TM265
26FB165
26CT066
26UK165
radio pete