GRANT with +10khz

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
maxcdr
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: pu2ttx

Re: GRANT with +10khz

Post by maxcdr »

What More Do I need one Pc 337AA Classic board this resistor or the anl 3 point ?
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

I prefer to use the BRITE/DIM switch , as it serves very little purpose . Some radios already have the +10khz mod on this switch from the factory .
Isolate pin 9 of IC9 , which is normally tied to earth , and run a switch from it via a 1k resistor to +8V . Job done .

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
harakiri

Post by harakiri »

This mod is one of few that I actually planning to do on the Grant,just because its far more useful than the brite/dim . As many points out. Its all over just the best place for this mod,+8v not far away,its the place where 10khz switch is on Jackson,and its almost like they made that switch to switch.. so to say..
That is a sweet thing there Sammy. Nice when switches do what it says,and what is says is more useful than dim..

On ebay there was btw an unused boxed Jackson with some very weird stickers. Tone where 10khz and Bright on band selector. We all know what she really is hiding... lol

Regards
-H
Eh..Its time.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

harakiri wrote:On ebay there was btw an unused boxed Jackson with some very weird stickers. Tone where 10khz and Bright on band selector. We all know what she really is hiding... lol

Regards
-H
That's the way they were sold here in Spain H . 40 channels and the output power reduced . My NOS Jackson was the same . It was about 2 hours work to put it back to full export mode . Tracks and wires cut everywhere . Components added and changed . President really didn't want it done .

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.