Jackson2 or Ranger 2950

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
jazzsinger
Banned
Banned

Post by jazzsinger »

i'm only being honest harry,as you know i'm a huge fan off uniden/president but not if it involves taking out a mortgage.ive got a c57 and still think its extortionate.
Banned Account
Dirty_Harry

Post by Dirty_Harry »

jazzsinger wrote:i'm only being honest harry,as you know i'm a huge fan off uniden/president but not if it involves taking out a mortgage.ive got a c57 and still think its extortionate.
MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY GEORGE, I HAVE A FRIEND THAT BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE C57'S NEW,& FOUND IT TO BE ABOUT 30 Hz OUT OF ALIGNMENT WHEN HE COMPAIRED IT TO HIS LAB TESTING COUNTER,ALSO THEY ARE MEANT TO BE ABLE TO READ FROM 0.3-50MHZ & HE FOUND IT TO GIVE DIFFERENTIAL READINGS AT DIFFERENT STAGES THROUGHOUT THE H.F BAND,SO THEY ARE JUST A TOY IN MY OPINION.
Last edited by Dirty_Harry on 14 Jan 2008, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Overdrive

Post by Overdrive »

Last edited by Overdrive on 05 Feb 2008, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
Dirty_Harry

Post by Dirty_Harry »

Overdrive wrote:Here we go folks, stoopid question of the day....Whats a C57?
HI RICHIE TAKE A LOOK

LINK
jazzsinger
Banned
Banned

Post by jazzsinger »

Banned Account
Overdrive

Post by Overdrive »

Last edited by Overdrive on 05 Feb 2008, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
jazzsinger
Banned
Banned

Post by jazzsinger »

Sorted richie,lol.
Banned Account
MuddyFox
Banned
Banned

Post by MuddyFox »

Greasemonkey wrote:Thanks alot guys it is going to be the Ranger, just placed order with Truck King, next stop is going to Tango Mike page for a callsigns me thinks , hopefully the skip will pick up soon & i get the chance to chat to some of you.
Greasemonkey I'd drop Truck King an Email just to make sure its expanded already 24-32. its very easy to do but you don't want to void your warrenty.
Mine came already modded by FusionRF.

73's
rocket
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M0ROC

Post by rocket »

MuddyFox wrote:
Greasemonkey wrote:Thanks alot guys it is going to be the Ranger, just placed order with Truck King, next stop is going to Tango Mike page for a callsigns me thinks , hopefully the skip will pick up soon & i get the chance to chat to some of you.
Greasemonkey I'd drop Truck King an Email just to make sure its expanded already 24-32. its very easy to do but you don't want to void your warrenty.
Mine came already modded by FusionRF.

73's
The mod is a jumper board that is supplied separate to the radio, check you either have it done or get the jumper to do it yourself.

Mark
26hb896
rocket
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by rocket »

Just a follow-up, as I noticed the word 'warranty' !

Your warranty with CRT will be void as to do the mod the original 'Void if Removed' silver seal that covers the two radio cases has to removed, and it is not possible to put it back on.

Post by Guest »

Has a small like cirucit that fits behind the led, the key they call it and then all the world is your oyster
rocket
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by rocket »

Here is a picture of the original CRT Ranger warranty seal (sorry, it is very reflective and hard to photograph)[/img]
MuddyFox
Banned
Banned

Post by MuddyFox »

rocket wrote:Just a follow-up, as I noticed the word 'warranty' !

Your warranty with CRT will be void as to do the mod the original 'Void if Removed' silver seal that covers the two radio cases has to removed, and it is not possible to put it back on.
Hi there Rocket
Whats CRT?
Mine has FusionRF.co.uk stickers on hense a 2 year warrenty from them.
So what i ment was by him taking it apart to add a simple jumper on the back of the faceplate might void any help he might get from truckking..
rocket
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by rocket »

Hi Mark,

You are quite correct, the supplier should put their own warranty stickers on and guarantee the radio 100% themselves as the manufacturers warranty will be completely void once the sticker has been removed and the radio modded.
CRT, Ranger and Superstar are all the same company, The Ranger Mic has a CRT logo on it.
73 de Mark
M0ROC, 26HB896, 26TM896
M0LGC (Letchworth Garden City Amateur Radio Society)
Flightradar24 live feed: T-EGGW38 via AirNav RadarBox 3D
Greasemonkey
Regular
Regular

Post by Greasemonkey »

Cheers guys i did ask when i placed the order done it by phone so that i could speak to someone to make sure it was modded , they said it was.
26TM043
Mobile: Intek M760 , centre loaded modulator , Moonraker 25w.

Homebase: Ranger 2950DX , Icom 706, Gainmaster.

Scanners: AOR AR8200 mk1 , Uniden 3500xlt , Icom icr2 , Realistic 2006.