ham international jumbo

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
wheel bender
Veteran
Veteran

Re: ham international jumbo

Post by wheel bender »

As many of you know I ran a test between a 148 (with the power turned down to match the output of my petrusse pacific 160 similar board to the concorde 11)The 148 worked better on usb and fm. That said, Just because one radio is better than another that doesn't make the cybernet RUBBISH. The slowest f1 cars can be 0ver 2 seconds off the pace,but they'll leave your ford/subaru etc for dead. I've gotten overseas copies with my pacific. Get your jumbo to Cubwolf or BS and then it will be running the best it can, then run it. I love my pacific even though my delta is in a different league. I've held copies on fm with a station using a jumbo on Anglesey. That's got to be over 70 miles from me. I don't think that's rubbish.
Wheel Bender 1982-88/ 2007- ???
27+ countries since 2007
keeping the older radios on air. Not in the cupboard or the past.
80ch legal- America on ukfm- CB radio can be better 2nd time around.
Phoenix
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Re:

Post by Phoenix »

Bernard wrote:
lefty_wilbury wrote:it`ll have to do until i can get something better :( but any suggestions as to what would be appreciated.
Chuck it in the bin mate,had all three in my day,learned my lesson the hard way.
The Jumbo is no better than theConcorde, which is no better than the Multimode,or any of the other crap that came from the Cybernet stable.
What a Muppet comment :oops:
26TM114
Ashtec
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: M6LTD

Post by Ashtec »

Theres note wrong with the good old jumbos there all ways got a home here ive got 6 now :D
If your after a swop ive got shelfs full of fully working ssb rigs pm me what you are after for it and i will give it a good home!!!
cybernet

Post by cybernet »

PAUL27UK wrote:Theres note wrong with the good old jumbos there all ways got a home here ive got 6 now :D
If your after a swop ive got shelfs full of fully working ssb rigs pm me what you are after for it and i will give it a good home!!!

The Jumbo is a great Cb radio, I cant fault them, Works well, looks the biz too!!! Ok they are not the best when it come to working DX, but if you wanna work Dx buy a HF radio. Thumbs up for the old Cybernet chassis!! Big up the Leicester massive :lol:
Taiwan ROC Club
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

your right there mate Thumbs up for the old Cybernet
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Northernlights wrote:
Bernard wrote:
lefty_wilbury wrote:it`ll have to do until i can get something better :( but any suggestions as to what would be appreciated.
Chuck it in the bin mate,had all three in my day,learned my lesson the hard way.
The Jumbo is no better than theConcorde, which is no better than the Multimode,or any of the other crap that came from the Cybernet stable.
And that would be in favour of the sh*te that came from the Uniden stable? :roll: , of course thats just my opinion :lol:

Scott.
No not quite Scotty!....but I must admit I do have a couple of those in my shack.(A Jackson and a 148Mk 2) :lol: ;)
It is Folly to be wise / If the world was rational nothing would ever happen.
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

darkone wrote:
Bernard wrote:Chuck it in the bin mate,had all three in my day,learned my lesson the hard way.

Yes. Indeed. They're all absolute shoite.

I have a bin here, and in the interest of recycling i'd be obliged if you'd drop them in it please :)
No Darkone!! Would not inflict them on anyone mate,got rid of them yonks ago,so they won,t be dropping in your bin any time soon :D ;)
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Phoenix wrote:
Bernard wrote:
What a Muppet comment :oops:
Christ sake, are you on your period. My muppet days were 35 yrs ago.
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
:lol:
jazzsinger
Banned
Banned

Post by jazzsinger »

cybernet wrote:
PAUL27UK wrote:Theres note wrong with the good old jumbos there all ways got a home here ive got 6 now :D

The Jumbo is a great Cb radio, I cant fault them, Works well, looks the biz too!!! Ok they are not the best when it come to working DX, but if you wanna work Dx buy a HF radio. Thumbs up for the old Cybernet chassis!! Big up the Leicester massive :lol:
ham dumbo and great cb radio are seldom if ever found in the same sentence,technical term for a ham dumbo is pile of sh!te.
Banned Account
26DW429
New User
New User
Call Sign: 26DW429

Post by 26DW429 »

Hi all I have a MK1 Jumbo PTMB059COX with sub board PTOS006AOX. There was an eprom & it went wrong so i removed it & put it back to standard. With a lot of perseverance I eventually got the 6 PLL02 programming connections right pin 10 to 15 PLL02 & the channel switch common.

It works perfectly missing the 5 Alpha channels as it should & correctly stepping the odd channel spacing in between channels 22-26. I bought a UK 40 EPROM from spectrum & fitted it, but only so many of the channels are correct. I have been wondering if there is another way of wiring the channel selector to obtain the correct channels as it is now but will work correctly with the UK 40 EPROM. On the small channel board PTSW026COX there are connections P1 to P8 & PB which is the common connection & on the PLL sub board there are connections P1 to P6. Most match up P number to P number ect.

I would expect if the channel switch is working correctly with the PLL02 I would have thought it would program the EPROM correctly too. BTW I returned the EPROM for test & was sent back reported OK. I have done a lot of work on this Radio in the past almost 8 Years making Her sound great on FM/SSB & other improvements. I have modded Her now with a 6 way band switch at the moment LO MID HI HI HI & I am waiting for 2 custom made Crystals from Quartslab both in the 9 MHZ range to give Triple Lo & Super LO giving 25.615-28.305. Anyone know if there is a different way of wiring as I would be most grateful. Info or Images if possible. Thanks 26DW429 David.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

That's 3 topics you've posted the same query in now.

There aren't many people on here at the moment due to holidays, being busy with work, being really drunk etc. (that leaves only about 5 of us left in total I reckon then lol), so just hang fire a day or two as I'm sure someone helpul and technically-minded (that rules me out then!) will be along to help out soon ;)