PRESIDENT JACKSON 2!

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
dxswe
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 21TM006

Post by dxswe »

simonthewizard wrote:
I wonder which pot is for the FM devation
limited by a resistor
What is that resistor placed :?:

Post by Guest »

Please take a look at the circuit diagram, it is all there. The resistor makes it limited audio, and with a different one makes the audio longer and stronger.

Sorry, really this is a circuit diagram needed and then you can make it as you want. I not have the diagram, sorry
dxswe
Regular
Regular

Post by dxswe »

What do think about R586 it's a 2,7K resistor.I find circruit diagram at the http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/presiden ... sc_sch.pdf

Best regards Jan
Josh_Rogan
Regular
Regular

Post by Josh_Rogan »

dxswe wrote:What do think about R586 it's a 2,7K resistor.I find circruit diagram at the http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/presiden ... sc_sch.pdf

Best regards Jan

I think you're barking up the wrong tree with R586. I am not an expert on the Jackson 2, and have never looked inside one, but looking at the diagram that you have linked I can see that there is a deviation pot marked RT451 with a value of 4.7k; if this preset is not present on production radios or turning it to maximum still doesn't give you enough FM deviation then I would suggest trying reducing the value of R429 (15k).

If you wanted to try and increase the TX audio on all modes (pre limiting) then I would try increasing the value of R460 (220k).

***DISCLAIMER*** This is all untested and theoretical, so please don't blame me if you break your radio!

Regards,

Josh.
dxswe
Regular
Regular

Post by dxswe »

Josh_Rogan wrote:
dxswe wrote:What do think about R586 it's a 2,7K resistor.I find circruit diagram at the http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/presiden ... sc_sch.pdf

Best regards Jan

I think you're barking up the wrong tree with R586. I am not an expert on the Jackson 2, and have never looked inside one, but looking at the diagram that you have linked I can see that there is a deviation pot marked RT451 with a value of 4.7k; if this preset is not present on production radios or turning it to maximum still doesn't give you enough FM deviation then I would suggest trying reducing the value of R429 (15k).

If you wanted to try and increase the TX audio on all modes (pre limiting) then I would try increasing the value of R460 (220k).

***DISCLAIMER*** This is all untested and theoretical, so please don't blame me if you break your radio!

Regards,

Josh.

Thank for your help.I have adjust RT451 and modulation is much better now. :D

/Jan/

Post by Guest »

I have adjust RT451 and modulation is much better now
Thats some good news
Josh_Rogan
Regular
Regular

Post by Josh_Rogan »

Thank for your help.I have adjust RT451 and modulation is much better now. :D
Glad it worked for you.

Regards,

Josh.
jazzsinger
Banned
Banned

Post by jazzsinger »

nice tip josh :wink: :D
Banned Account
MARKASTERIX

Post by MARKASTERIX »

R429 does limit the audio on FM this is a small 0805 or smaller 15k resistor just below the RT451 deviation preset, i replaced mine with a 4k7 and magic nice audio. photo shows position.[img]
straycat
Call Sign: 26TM51

Re: PRESIDENT JACKSON 2!

Post by straycat »

I have just bought a Jacko 2 and now that the radio has been on the market for a few years now what are your opinions? The Mrs bought mine as a late Christmas prezzie!
26-TM-051 26-CT-1450 and the handle Stray Cat!
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

A 5 1/2 year resurrected thread . A new record ? :)
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
CaptainKirk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: KIRKY

Post by CaptainKirk »

Using a used jacko 2 in the car at the moment pleased with it dont know if its had the FM modulation done on it but I noticed on another rig that there is a ping at the beginning when the mic is keyed it only does it on UK40 setting ive known some Midland48+ to do this maybe something to do with getting the rig onto the UK40 I dont know does anybody else have a pinging jacko 2 it doesnt do it in export mode with the shift turned around.
CAPTAIN KIRK-26TM013/26CT013/26UK013 John mobile South Cheshire.
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

cb4ever104 wrote:A 5 1/2 year resurrected thread . A new record ? :)
... and jazzsinger is no longer banned!!!
I'll pay whatever i think it's worth...:-)
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

mof000 wrote:
cb4ever104 wrote:A 5 1/2 year resurrected thread . A new record ? :)
... and jazzsinger is no longer banned!!!

I quite like reading Georges posts.

Straight to the point and without being wrapped in bovine excrement.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
straycat
Call Sign: 26TM51

Post by straycat »

CaptainKirk wrote:Using a used jacko 2 in the car at the moment pleased with it dont know if its had the FM modulation done on it but I noticed on another rig that there is a ping at the beginning when the mic is keyed it only does it on UK40 setting ive known some Midland48+ to do this maybe something to do with getting the rig onto the UK40 I dont know does anybody else have a pinging jacko 2 it doesnt do it in export mode with the shift turned around.
:o Nope mine doesn't "Ping"!
26-TM-051 26-CT-1450 and the handle Stray Cat!