PRESIDENT JACKSON 2!

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
jazzsinger
Banned
Banned

Post by jazzsinger »

from as far back as i can remember[100m&150m days]midland radios were always garbage.
Banned Account

Post by Guest »

Yep, Same as Alan also leaving Thailand production as there was issues also. And about the Philippines, yes that is a not so well guarded secret that the Philippines are on the cards again.

Saying that, the Alan 121 is chinese and works well indeed, just the 2 euro cent chinese bleep is disgusting when press the buttons
jazzsinger
Banned
Banned

Post by jazzsinger »

Issues? is that similar to uniden issues of poorly paid people having the audacity to go on strike because they weren't allowed to set up a trade union.maybe if they treated employees better then quality would improve!!!
http://www.lookingglassnews.org/viewsto ... toryid=427
Banned Account

Post by Guest »

The peasants are revolting, keep them down!! :D

Post by Guest »

Yep that happened way back when they were there but now??? Who knows.

Sad reality is that if china was the same cost as many western countries for labour then a lot of these radios would not be around anymore

Roll back the days when they made something in Japan ala Rotel, Harrier and the like. They were built to last not like these days when if it lasts till the end of its warranty you can consider yourself lucky

Post by Guest »

So, the first concrete news is that dealers are now sending there Jacko IIs to France to be fixed, the dealers are NOT TOLD what was wrong and how they are fixed. The radios return with a sticker so cannot look around inside.

The trouble is, ALL and i mean ALL power is gone, not any single amount of power is there and when on ssb all silent. A weird fault and the ones that can fix it are Joel and Cam down there at President in the south of france...

So, still in the dark and not anyone of all the people i know with them has been told anything more than " its fixed now"
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

jazzsinger wrote:they brought out rohs to protect you from poisons but the truth is your far more likely to die from suicide,stress or nervous breakdown brought on by severe frustration!!
Too true George. I've given up on any 'new' CB radios. Every 'new' one I've tried has been rubbish in comparison to 'ye olde school' kit. I'm sitting here having fun on an ancient Stalker 9F -DX , bought for half the price of a 'new' multi, and not suffering the scratchy squelch's, beeping channel changes, limp outputs, and hissy audio that seem endemic in recent newbies - whether they're made in China, Philipines, or Stoke on Trent !

Bugga ROHS ! Give me a good ole toxic lead-soldered wire infested CB radio anytime! :wink:
EXTREMELY WEIRD... AVOID AT ALL COSTS !

Post by Guest »

The trouble is somewhere in the pre drive and bias that cuts all power to the trannie. Trannie is fine, just the stages before are knackered thus making 0.00w output

Schhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Some people do not want you to know this
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM002

Post by Guzzy »

Bloody embarrassing for President. :oops:

"look at our amazing new multi-mode/multi-regional radio"...

... "oh no, hold on, DON'T look at our new radio!"

Post by Guest »

"look at our amazing new multi-mode/multi-regional radio"...
At the moment, no dealers are allowed to repair. So, pack the radio up and send it to the place you bought it. They send it to France and it is fixed, then shipped back to the shop and then back to you. And that is progress?

Post by Guest »

Here is the full band-plan for the Jacko II
RANGERDX70

Post by RANGERDX70 »

my mates just got this radio ? can anyone tell me where the wire is you cut for the mod...moving the jumpers not a problem

cheers for any info as i carnt see where in the pic's

Post by Guest »

Take off the bottom cover, look at the front left there is a small looped wire.. Cut this and move the jumper.

Download the PDF, mod included 8)
jazzsinger
Banned
Banned

Post by jazzsinger »

simon,is there any news on whether the later models of jackson 2 will have the output fault fixed before leaving balaruc?
Banned Account
RANGERDX70

Post by RANGERDX70 »

thanks simon ill let my mate no wen on radio again....sorry i carnt download te pdf file ..dont no why..

cheers again