What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2020)

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by The Collector »

astradyne wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 09:33
The Collector wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 14:49 Bought a Superstar-branded (same as Extreme) CRT 2018 power mic' with echo controls/talk back/double-talk/reverb/stadium sounds, blah de blah. For just £12 I thought it might be worth a look at, or should I say a listen to for that much.
I was considering that myself, but was wary due to the fault it has. In the end I decided not to go for it. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and you'll have hours of fun! :lol:

I'll stick a new battery in it, hit it with a big stick and if it still doesn't work then I've had it! ;)
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

The Collector wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 18:49
The Collector wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 14:49 Bought a Superstar-branded (same as Extreme) CRT 2018 power mic' with echo controls/talk back/double-talk/reverb/stadium sounds, blah de blah. For just £12 I thought it might be worth a look at, or should I say a listen to for that much.
I was considering that myself, but was wary due to the fault it has. In the end I decided not to go for it. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and you'll have hours of fun! :lol:

I'll stick a new battery in it, hit it with a big stick and if it still doesn't work then I've had it! ;)
Just stick it back on the bay with the ever optimistic "might be an easy fix for someone" spiel.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

It honestly might be an easy fix, but probably not for me! Worth a go though :)
superstar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by superstar »

picked up this GE of ebay as untested for £15, arrived today all working well, and it’s been modded to hi mid lo bands on the CB/cbpa/PA switch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Buying and hoarding CB radio's is an illness
Cb handle
1980-1993, "AL Capone"
1993-present, "Superstar"
occupation-running a retirement home for elderly cb radios
Fozzy Bear dont care ya know, so er thats the story!
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

astradyne wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 23:46
The Collector wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 18:49

Just stick it back on the bay with the ever optimistic "might be an easy fix for someone" spiel.

Plugged it in, no audio at all, but it didn't cut out after 3 seconds as advertised...strange. Had a look inside, 2 wires off. Replaced wires as they're sh**. 3 others looked bad, 2 more fell off as I tested them so 5 wires soldered on it total. Still no audio. Took the 4-pin plug off, yellow and screen wires soldered together. Soldered screen to black as I thought they pretty much always went together and Voila! got audio.
Still no echo functions whatsover though, but sounds nice as it's an electret element. Will look for an internal picture of one to check my 5 wires are correct, but at least it sounds great for £12.
Perhaps as the wiring was wrong and it fried the circuit???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Not a total loss then. Any good power mic is worth £12.

It would seem someone without a clue what they're doing has been tinkering around inside. I'd be getting a multimeter onto it checking for dead components. Still, it's turned out rosy even if the echo function isn't recoverable.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Apart from a couple of little capacitors and resistors on the back of the board, everything else is surface-mount and tiny...way beyond my capabilities. There's a chip in the middle which again, I wouldn't want to mess with.

If I can check the new wires are the right way round, that'll be about my limit ;)

Update - I'm going to transfer this to the mod' section instead of chatting on here. I feel it's like chatting on channel 19 otherwise :)
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

Another one for the collection...an original AM/SSB President McKinley,this came from the same house clearance as the Adams did that i recently acquired,in very good clean condition,original microphone,power lead & bracket, not bad for £20 :)
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

:)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Very clean ;)
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

The Collector wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 23:46 Very clean ;)

Cheers pal :thumbup:

Yep its very good for its age,i just buzz off not paying daft Ebay or Facebook prices with the majority of what i come across & it makes it all worth while,thing is people forget that CB's were made by the thousands,no real thing as "rare" except on the internet ;)

Good hunting to you,it sounds like you got some nice gear there also with that profile name :)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Well "Amstrad Lover" sounded a bit lame and "Fidelity Fondler" sounded like I was on my way to becoming another Gary Glitter! ;)
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

The Collector wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 09:16 Well "Amstrad Lover" sounded a bit lame and "Fidelity Fondler" sounded like I was on my way to becoming another Gary Glitter! ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Class :D
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

MultiMode 2 & two mobile amps,the 60w is BNOS in the box.

Everything working, price paid,£50 :)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Never seen that brand before amp-wise. Then again I don't do amp's, so perhaps they're not that unusual???