Pixis rs

The place to discuss long distance TV and Radio Reception. Equipment, Antennas and anything to do with the art of DX.
mickydt
Call Sign: 26tm441

Pixis rs

Post by mickydt »

well did a bit of scouting on the internet and purchased a revo pixis rs.

setting up the internet was a bit fiddly and kept getting time outs and thought here we go another radio going back. saw something on the internet about deleting profiles which this radio has so did a full reset then put in my key for the internet then suddenly everything started working just fine.

got the local dab stuff first and interesting having a colour display on dab with info coming in.

then down to the best part internet stations, started with some local and national radio stuff then found all the naughty stuff abroad bobbies, fire, amb and so on, again when a station was found it came up with colour graphics along with any info available.

last night gave the radio a good workout till 1am this morning, yawn and was really chuffed with the purchase, just before switching off found a hf station and could hear all the Morse code in the background which made the digital radio feel like a proper hf.

no doubt when i get used to it will find loads more stuff and the radio can also be linked up to a net website and stations can then be added and downloaded something still to get my head around but for now will just take my time with it.

hoping it will last longer than my other internet radio, a week then took the hammer to it only to find it had been stuffed with cardboard, talk about ripped off getting one from abroad :x