Did anyone pickup any distance radio/tv stations?

The place to discuss long distance TV and Radio Reception. Equipment, Antennas and anything to do with the art of DX.
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

Did anyone pickup any distance radio/tv stations?

Post by 5thElement »

I just wondered if anyone picked up any long distance tv/radio stations with the good conditions the last couple nights. I never thought to look and it just dawned on me that i should of given it a try! so, did anyone else?
2E0XGA
Andy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Andy »

I was very busy at the time, but I was listening to my local Shopwatch. I noticed that there were other things coming through as well. things I've never heard on that channel before. Sadly I didn't have time to listen closely and work out where it was coming from.
'SOMEONE GET ME A SAW!'
Andy.
ryan_paul
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by ryan_paul »

No I have had the exact opposite I have not been able to pickup ITV on my TV at home for two weeks.

I think someone is playing about with the UHF TV transmitters at Crystal palace.
chipspice
Regular
Regular

Post by chipspice »

I noticed lines on the TV during the high pressure, like other tv stations interfering. If this happens then it's usually a good indication of conditions on 2m and 70cm bands.
TimBucknall

Post by TimBucknall »

great reception of London FM pirates on a hill just outside of Buxton
Pensky
Regular
Regular

Post by Pensky »

In Felixstowe (Suffolk) I used to receive Dutch TV until it went digital last year. I can receive Belgian and French TV, the latter very clearly. And we can pick up signals from the Dover transmitter better than our local one in Sudbury.
jack_sparrow

Post by jack_sparrow »

There wre many stations from overseas coming through on the FM band 88-108 - I use a Uniden BCT-15 and a double discone in the loft so can often pick up far away stations on FM.

Our band up north is pretty quiet in terms of pirate stations but now and again there are a few too
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 5thElement »

When? this thread started almost 2 years ago lol
2E0XGA
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 5thElement »

You wern't joking when you said it was a big list! im glad i was around to enjoy that tropo lift, i dont recall hearing anything else like it since then :(
2E0XGA