just like christmas

Home of the Tango Mike DX Group - Transmission1's very own CB/11m DX group. All club related chat, QSL Card downloads and membership issues/requests to be posted here.
jonnypneumonic

Post by jonnypneumonic »

:lol: .......... Sorry Adrian, it you want to wedge things up yourself high on a hillside that's your fetish not mine :shock: .

I'll just stick to the radio as a hobby; less walking on hill tops and certainly far less (in fact none) wedging :lol:

J.

* Memo to self: Hope he gets i'm only havin a larf.
Robin1
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Robin1 »

jonnypneumonic wrote:Hell anything would be a nice change from rain.

:lol:
:lol:
jonnypneumonic

Post by jonnypneumonic »

Well it was like Christmas today, the skip was in and myself and Callum sat in Inverness revelling in the new influx of calls (France, France, France, Italy, France, Germany and The Netherlands) .

My wee SS3900 did not to bad at all, especially when you take into consideration that we were sat in the car, just above sea level, the SWR was so far out it was in a different division all to itself and the set was running on low power due to a bad choice of power cable (now corrected).

The CQ calls remained for much of the day, only petering out around dinner time; with one chap from Leon (AT) dominating, taking on calls from numerous regions; was certainly blowing the speaker out my set.

All in all not a bad first test for the set.

J.
Jonnypneumonic

108-TM-101

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Currently Have No Kit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ScotchEgg
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM742

Post by ScotchEgg »

Im impressed with that 3900 for sure, managed a nice couple of QSO's into 13 on it today static mobile and it received vgood reports inc a spot on cluster.dk ;-)
The legend of the "Scotch Egg".
"unique in my duplicity"

UGLY BOB on SCOTCH EGG... "I kinda had you pictured as the sort who would enjoy beating the bejesus out of people with a four foot dildo."
jonnypneumonic

Post by jonnypneumonic »

Yeh it did not too bad for a set just out its box; very happy i am.

J.
Jonnypneumonic

108-TM-101

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Currently Have No Kit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~