Pontefract Caller into Grenoside, Sheffield

Home of the Tango Mike DX Group - Transmission1's very own CB/11m DX group. All club related chat, QSL Card downloads and membership issues/requests to be posted here.
lhotsegirl
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM170

Pontefract Caller into Grenoside, Sheffield

Post by lhotsegirl »

Hi,

The caller was using standard CQ and Q calls, going mobile from Pontefract and reached Krystyna in Lhotse/Sheffield. I gave my call sign and hope for a confirmation from you via this website. :)

It was my first ever long distance call on UKFM, and my first ever time going mobile, I sat at the top of Grenoside above the Crematorium giving a fantastic shoot out for radio signals.

73's

Krystyna
Lhotse
26-TM-170
Sheffield, UK
--
Icom 756 Pro III, Yaesu 817, President Grant II, President Jackson Mk1, Icom IC-251E, Anytone 4m, Spectrum Comms 4m Transverter, Time Step WXsat Scanner, Icom E92D DSTAR, Motorola SL1600 DMR, TYT for DMR.
forager

Re: Pontefract Caller into Grenoside, Sheffield

Post by forager »

lhotsegirl wrote:Hi,

The caller was using standard CQ and Q calls, going mobile from Pontefract and reached Krystyna in Lhotse/Sheffield. I gave my call sign and hope for a confirmation from you via this website. :)

It was my first ever long distance call on UKFM, and my first ever time going mobile, I sat at the top of Grenoside above the Crematorium giving a fantastic shoot out for radio signals.

73's

Krystyna
Congratulations and well done! :D

It'll only get better with the conditions!..Try the other side of Grenoside the take off is a lot better than the crematorium side! It's on Woodhead Road past Greno Woods! The parking is a bit tricky but you'll get out there! My mate lives in Scarborough and without any skip I can talk to him just on 4watts, a remarkable ground wave contact! It's a brilliant view nevermind the radio! :D

You'll get a brilliant take of East and North of Sheffield! Apart from getting into Scarborough, i've had qso's with Leeds, York, Bradford, Hull, Lincoln, Brigg and once on a net a guy in Newcastle could hear me..all on UKFM on legal power! Give it a try..all the best
Matt
26-TM-150
Conor
Banned
Banned

Re: Pontefract Caller into Grenoside, Sheffield

Post by Conor »

You're going to have real fun this summer, Krystyna, when you're parked up in your car talking to France, Germany, Italy, Spain....