Ofcom Portal Re-registration

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
MM6TMS
Call Sign: 2M0HIE

Ofcom Portal Re-registration

Post by MM6TMS »

I tried logging into the Portal to check my licence details were correct and up to date, however they have changed their login system and it requested that I re-register. Done that with the email address I used and set up the new log in.

However the portal seems to not have my licence recorded. My licence was last validated in april 2016 but there's no record of it on my account.

Anyone had this issue?

Will call Ofcom in the morning to find out what the script is.
MM6TMS->2M0HIE->MM0???

Yaesu FT70D FM/C4FM 5W
Anyone AT-778UV VHF/UHF 25W.
Baofeng BF-888s UHF x3 2W (ish)
Watson W-50 Dual Band antenna at 26ft
5 Element 145mhz yagi.
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Re: Ofcom Portal Re-registration

Post by Mitch »

I've logged in OK, both licences (M6 & 2e) showing but with wrong issue dates, both say Apr 2015 so that's not right, I did them a year apart, unless that's the last time I validated them. There's no validate option or previous validations listed, both say live on the status so maybe we don't need to validate any more? There's no expiry date either.
The perfect face for radio.
thedeerhunter270
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thedeerhunter270 »

Mitch wrote: 05 Sep 2018, 19:39There's no validate option or previous validations listed
There isn't one under the new site - all you have to do is check your status(i.e. logging on) to be re-validated.
Operating in South Northumberland and Weardale.
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Post by Mitch »

Looks like mine's done then :D
The 2015 date must be the last time I logged on at a guess.
The perfect face for radio.
M3VBS
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3VBS »

I tried registering, to be told my email address is in use...tried to reset my password to be told the email address is not known....ofcom do it again!

The link to reregister as a previous user just seems to point to the same, new user form. Anyone else had this issue
GaryWilson
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2E0GGQ

Post by GaryWilson »

I just went on to check and was able to access my account. I would contact ofcom. There was a re validate option so I'm not sure why people are getting different options for the same thing?

73's Gary.
26CT1836 2E0GGQ
M5AKA
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M5AKA

Post by M5AKA »

Mitch wrote: 05 Sep 2018, 19:39 I've logged in OK, both licences (M6 & 2e) showing but with wrong issue dates, both say Apr 2015 so that's not right,
The April, 7, 2015 date is when Ofcom re-issued the licence document to everyone.

On the "Licensing dashboard" Home page, click on "View my licences" then hover over the licence line and some buttons will pop up, click on "View" and you'll see the full details of your licence including the original issue date.

Ofcom said in July 2016 that you no longer needed the revalidate option, simply logging into your account was good enough for them. This upset some Amateurs who wanted something to click on, so to keep them happy Ofcom added a "Verify my details" button at the top of the "Home" page. Not sure if it actually does anything other than serve as a pacifier.
MM6TMS
Call Sign: 2M0HIE

Post by MM6TMS »

Update - so about 48 hours after re-registration my licence was showing on my dashboard. Seems like they auto transfer at some point.
MM6TMS->2M0HIE->MM0???

Yaesu FT70D FM/C4FM 5W
Anyone AT-778UV VHF/UHF 25W.
Baofeng BF-888s UHF x3 2W (ish)
Watson W-50 Dual Band antenna at 26ft
5 Element 145mhz yagi.