Skills Night takes place at 7pm on Monday, May 21 in Danbury Village Hall, Essex, this free event is open to all with an interest in any aspect of radio.
Hosted by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society Training Team, Skills Nights are Inter-Club events attended by amateurs and SWL's from across Essex and beyond. They provide an opportunity to try something new, share ideas, get help and advice, and socialise with others interested in the hobby.
The provisional agenda this month includes:
• Radio: Perry M6XPD will be demonstrating the clubs new IC-7100
• Radio: Chris 2E0CUU will be on hand to help with D-Star and Radio Programming - and perhaps Keith G3WGE as well, with C4FM-Fusion
• PSK31 / EchoLink: Jim Salmon 2E0RMI will be present to help you use these modes. Feel free to ask what ever questions.
• Practicals: Tom M6LYQ will have the Foundation Dipole and Antenna Analyser.
• CARS Club Table: Pauline M6XPK will be available for ChelmsfordARS Membership and Course Enquiries
• Slim Jims: Peter M0PSD will be in the Hawkins Room with anyone wishing to build or complete their Slim Jim
• Practicals: Jamie M6LZI will be available for those needing Intermediate Practicals.
• Badges: Jim 2E0JTW and Glynis 2E0CUQ will have their engraver for custom callsign badges etc. Ideal if you have just passed your exam!
• Essex CW: Dean and his Essex CW team will be present with advice on Morse for new starters as well as the more experienced.
• ThamesARG: Mark M0IEO will have another demonstration to help those new to our hobby grasp the fundamentals of radio. This month he will have his oscilloscope set up in the room with his KX3 radio attached in an attempt to show the difference between an AM modulated signal and an FM one. Although this may seem quite obvious, you would be surprised how many people find the concept of AM and FM confusing. It's also a good chance to see just how useful an oscilloscope can be in amateur radio besides using it to measure voltage against time.
and of course...
• The Quiz: Another Fun Quiz with Murray G6JYB and any technical advice or questions
Refreshments: Tea and coffee will be on offer too, thanks to our team in the kitchen, keeping customers happy! - Donations are most appreciated.
The activity list is subject to change and availability.
Venue: Danbury Village Hall, 2 Main Road, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4NQ http://www.danburyvillagehall.co.uk/location/
The Skills Night is free to attend, with refreshments provided. The event is open to everyone with an interest in any aspect of radio, if you know someone interested in coming along - please pass this message along.
We hope to see you on Monday from 7pm.
The Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society's Skill Night page can be found at http://www.g0mwt.org.uk/skills
CARS run short amateur radio training courses, to find out more contact the training manager Peter Davies M0PSD at
Email: training2018 <at> g0mwt.org.uk
Sign up for Essex Skills Night or CARS Newsletter/News lists at http://www.g0mwt.org.uk/lists
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests