Skills Night takes place at 7pm on Monday, April 16 in Danbury Village Hall, Essex, this free event is open to all, everyone with an interest in any aspect of radio is welcome to attend.
Hosted by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society Training Team, Skills Nights are Inter-Club events attended by amateurs and SWL's from across Essex and beyond. They provide an opportunity to try something new, share ideas, get help and advice, and socialise with others interested in the hobby.
The provisional agenda this month includes:
• Radio-1: Learn about Beacons and JT65 - Keith G3WGE will demonstrate decoding of GB3VHF and GB3VHF beacons using JT65B. He may also have a Wires-X demo if MB7CE is available as well.
• Radio-2: Groundbreaking SDR - Bob Tokley G4MDB will be demonstrating the highly successful IC-7300 HF-70MHz transciever
• Radio-3: Chris 2E0CUU will be demonstrating the new SharkRF openSPOT DV multimode hotspot and various other dongles.
• Slim Jims: Slim Jims are Back! Pick up a kit to take home or build it on the night with supervision in the Hawkins Room. All equipment and tools will be supplied. - coordinated by Mark M0IEO from ThamesARG and Peter M0PSD from CARS
• Practicals: Perry M6XPD will have Dipole and Antenna Analyser, with Jamie M6LZQ covering Station Build for Foundation Practicals.
• EchoLink: Jim Salmon 2E0RMI will running demos of PSK31 and EchoLink. Feel free to ask what ever questions.
• Membership and Course Enquiries: Pauline M6XPK (CARS) and Ben M6JNX (TARG) will be there to answer any questions about membership and up and coming courses
• Badges: Jim 2E0JTW and Glynis 2E0CUQ will have their engraver for custom callsign badges etc. Ideal if you have just passed your exam, or need to engrave a trophy!
• Essex CW: Dean and his Team will be present to help morse enthusiasts and anyone interested in taking it up.
• Clubs: Visitors from Harlow and DHARS will also be popping along as well, so its a great opportunity to meet and greet
• The Quiz: A Fun Quiz with Murray G6JYB and any technical advice or questions
Refreshments: Tea and coffee will be on offer too, thanks to our team in the kitchen, keeping customers happy! - Donations are most appreciated.
The activity list is subject to change and availability.
Venue: Danbury Village Hall, 2 Main Road, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4NQ
The Skills Night is free to attend, with refreshments provided. The event is open to everyone with an interest in any aspect of radio, if you know someone interested in coming along - please pass this message along.
We hope to see you on Monday from 7pm.
The Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society's Skill Night page can be found at http://www.g0mwt.org.uk/skills
CARS run short amateur radio training courses, to find out more contact the training manager Peter Davies M0PSD at
Email: training2018 <at> g0mwt.org.uk
Sign up for Essex Skills Night or CARS Newsletter/News lists at http://www.g0mwt.org.uk/lists
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests