Wythall ham fest 25 march

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Wythall ham fest 25 march

Post by original45 »

hope I have put this in the right place .
I am interested to know your experiences buying from ham fests .
I am considering attending as I am still in search of a nice lincoln mk 1 .
Never having been to a ham fest how do the prices compare to realistic prices from sites like transmission 1.
Most importantly can most the sellers be trusted or is it a you take your chances.

Not trying to be disrespectful but not having ever Been I'd rather go with a little foresight and information than go blind and get stung possibly
Thanks
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: Wythall ham fest 25 march

Post by MrWeetabix »

The trade stand prices are often a reflection of their usual store or online prices, but you do occasionally get some deals offered exclusively for the event.

As for 2nd hand equipment, you may be able to test kit before you buy it as I'd imagine there are a whole plethora of people there with test kit, antennas and such, so at least you can try before you buy, but as with anything, the bring and buy stand is very much 'buyer beware'. However, you can often ask to speak to the owner of an item and the stand holder will ring them and ask them to come over, so it does have some advantages over and internet sale. the bring and buy stands often charge a set fee per item or a % of the selling price, so the price you pay may be reflected in this, but I am sure that some negotiating is always an option too, as the seller will be in the building

Good luck :thumbup:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
original45
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 45

Post by original45 »

Thank you, excellent to know testing is possible too. Much appreciated and thank you for covering my question clearly.

Best regards .
O45
Allan666
Call Sign: G0CRB

Post by Allan666 »

I have been going to there rally's now for around 30 years ,I like to have a look round and get a few bits and pieces. See a few old mates.
If the problen cant be sorted with a "LUMP-HAMMER" then its most likely to be an Electrical fault
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

Allan666 wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 08:39 I have been going to there rally's now for around 30 years ,I like to have a look round and get a few bits and pieces. See a few old mates.
it was a great day. Had a good old chat to the radioworld team :thumbup: :thumbup:
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)