Skills Night takes place at 7pm Monday, February 19 in Danbury Village Hall, Essex, this free event is open to anyone with an interest in any aspect of radio.
Hosted by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society Training Team, Skills Nights are Inter-Club events attended by amateurs and SWL's from across Essex and beyond. They provide an opportunity to try something new, share ideas, get help and advice, and socialise with others interested in the hobby.
The provisional agenda this month includes:
• EchoLink: Jim Salmon 2E0RMI will be there to help you use EchoLink. Feel free to ask what ever questions.
• Practicals/Training tips: Peter M0PSD will be in the Hawkins room. This is a great chance for Intermediate and Foundation Practical training, and a pep talk for candidates taking the CARS Foundation Exam on 22nd Feb
• Antennas & Radio: Perry M6XPD will have a demo with an MFJ analyser and dipole - also explaining modes on handhelds inc DMR & D-Star aided by his mini-DV-hotspot
• DV Dongles: Chris 2E0CUU will have his DVAP dongle for Fusion and D-Star
• Digital Radio & TV: Murray will have a SDR running a demo - and also be able to offer Freeview retune/antenna advice if you missed his slides at the last meeting
• CARS: Our Membership Secretary, Pauline, will be on hand for subs, CARS Merchandise and any enquiries
• Badges: Jim 2E0JTW and Glynis 2E0CUQ will have their engraver for custom callsign badges etc. Ideal if you have just passed your exam!
• Essex CW: Morse advice and demos - Dean G4WQI and his team will there and plan to try out a new antenna
• ThamesARG: Mark M0IEO will be showing how a Light Bulb used a dummy load can indicate signals - which can also be picked up by nearby normal radios - most enlightening...
• The Quiz: Our Famous Fun Quiz with questions by Murray G6JYB
The activity list is subject to change and availability.
Venue: Danbury Village Hall, 2 Main Road, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4NQ
The Skills Night is free to attend, with refreshments provided. The event is open to everyone with an interest in any aspect of radio, if you know someone interested in coming along - please pass this message along.
We hope to see you on Monday from 7pm.
The Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society's Skill Night page can be found at
CARS run short amateur radio training courses, to find out more contact the training manager Peter Davies M0PSD at
Email: training2018 <at> g0mwt.org.uk
Sign up for Essex Skills Night or CARS Newsletter/News lists at
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Kaos and 3 guests