Skills Night takes place at 7pm Monday, November 20 in Danbury Village Hall, Essex, the free event is open to all.
Hosted by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society Training Team, Skills Nights are attended by radio enthusiasts from across Essex and beyond. They provide an opportunity to try something new, share ideas, get help and advice, and socialise with others interested in the hobby.
The provisional agenda this month includes:
• Practicals Insight: CARS Training manager Peter M0PSD will be giving 'An Insight into Foundation and Intermediate Practicals', with the possibility of being able to be signed off on a few parts of Foundation or Intermediate Practicals...
Foundation - Station Build, Dipole Tuning
Intermediate - Mains Plug and Coax Connector assembly
• Slim Jims: A new item based on an old favourite - Learn how to build Slim Jims. CARS 2m Slim Jim Antenna Kits will be available The contents of the kit are illustrated below, including instructions and a jig to help make it. (Great value at just £5 - intended for home assembly, rather than on the night...)
• Radio: Murray G6JYB will have more SDRs on show - from early kits to more current, so you can appreciate how they have evolved to now be a major part of modern amateur radio
• CARS: The club table will have guides, membership/training info, club clothing etc
• Getting started or upgrading?: Guidance will be on offer and now is a good time before the new exam syllabus takes effect in a years time. The next CARS exam/retake slot is on Thu Dec-7; with Foundation and Intermediate to follow in the new year
• Quiz: The quiz master has been out scouting new questions - and perhaps another anagram!
• Guides/demos: Peter M0PSX will also have a demo on offers as well as other EssexHam guides/advice
The activity list is subject to change and availability.
It is hoped to confirm other groups/attendees soon. Skills Coordinator Pete M0PSX is prepping this popular event, so please do get in touch if you have something to offer, email: m0psx <at> g0mwt.org.uk
Venue: Danbury Village Hall, 2 Main Road, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4NQ - You can find a map and pictures of the hall at:
The Skills Night is free to attend, with refreshments provided. The event is open to everyone with an interest in any aspect of radio, if you know someone interested in coming along - please pass this message along.
We hope to see you on Monday from 7pm.
The Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society's Skill Night page can be found at http://www.g0mwt.org.uk/skills
CARS run short amateur radio training courses, to find out more contact the training manager Peter Davies M0PSD at
Email: training2017 <at> g0mwt.org.uk
Sign up for Essex Skills Night or CARS Newsletter/News lists at http://www.g0mwt.org.uk/lists
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests