Chinese Hand-helds for newbies

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Chinese Hand-helds for newbies

Post by Farty »

I'd agree. She's a MILF!

Going back to topic, people seem to be falling over themselves for the cheap Chinese DMR sets. It seems that when it suits them to do so the haters are quite happy to forget their objections.
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

No way! Jimmy Carr's comment on Rachel in his shows is spot on!
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

Jimmy Carr the wig wearing tax dodger?
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

bozzy wrote:
Admiral wrote:Rachel Riley would struggle to make a programming video sexy, but the best Youtube videos are the ones you learn from.
I'd still say Carol Vodeman is hotter than Rachel.
I'd have to have a go at both of them before I could give a verdict

...............you know, purely in the interest of scientific research and peer review, of course
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
GaryWilson
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2E0GGQ

Post by GaryWilson »

Sam P wrote:
paulears wrote:I've been reading the almost constant posts from people who can only afford the bottom dollar chinese radios, and often get told how really awful they are - so I thought I'd have a look at a few and see if the complaints hold up.
https://youtu.be/1LOqIlGH-KE

My conclusion is that for the money - the advantages are clear - have a look at the video and see what you think.
What a really lovely review style.

Please post up any future YouTube uploads, Paul... really good to watch and listen to.

WRT beofeng, I picked up two brand new UV5Rs for £24.... as you say, pocket money radios.
I found Paul's "review style" very agreeable as well, almost therapeutic!! I hope he continues to make more videos, Thanks Paul. :)
26CT1836 2E0GGQ
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

I really hate those unboxing videos that are everywhere now - the interesting bit comes when they're out of the box, so why are people excited over opening the post and then finishing when the product is out in the open? I've got the new radiooddity dual band on the way, so that's probably one new video - maybe comparing that one against the other dual band, and then at some point maybe the Whistler TRX-2 - just waiting on the project I'm putting it against going ahead before I spend the money.

Thanks for kind words.
GaryWilson
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2E0GGQ

Post by GaryWilson »

paulears wrote:I really hate those unboxing videos that are everywhere now - the interesting bit comes when they're out of the box, so why are people excited over opening the post and then finishing when the product is out in the open? I've got the new radiooddity dual band on the way, so that's probably one new video - maybe comparing that one against the other dual band, and then at some point maybe the Whistler TRX-2 - just waiting on the project I'm putting it against going ahead before I spend the money.

Thanks for kind words.
I couldn't agree more Paul, I would go as far to say I find them a little irritating we all know what these products look like, what we want to know is how well they work!! look forward to some more of your reviews soon.

73 Gary.
26CT1836 2E0GGQ