This Monday, June 19 is the next Essex Skills Night. This will be the last Skills Night before the Summer break.
Hosted by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society Training Team, Skills Night is an informal monthly get-together in central Essex, where anyone with an interest in radio can come along, try something new, share ideas, get help and advice, and socialise with others interested in the hobby.
Skills Night activities planned so far, include:
• Testing, Testing: Mike G4NVT will be along with his new spectrum analyser for testing antennas and handhelds, VSWR testing measuring frequency and filters. If you have anything you’d like tested, please bring it along
• Bits & Bobs: Hopefully, William G8CYK will be bringing along a few bits and bobs that he wasn’t able to dispose of at the Tabletop sale. You may walk away with an unexpected goodie
• Getting Started: A data modes demo, advice and leaflets from Essex Ham, the Raspberry Pi Zero playing the Essex Ham’s latest video, details of the online Foundation training course, plus the event’s wi-fi
• Callsign badges and pens: Get a callsign badge or gold-plated pen engraved while you wait
• Auction: After the quiz, David M1ECC and Mike G4NVT will hold an auction. Got something to sell at the auction? See Mike and David on the night to discuss reserves (if any). Due to time constraints, it might not be possible to auction every item on the night, so please limit any entries to 1 or 2 items per person. A percentage of sales will go to the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society.
• Skills Quiz: Some more challenging questions, courtesy of Murray G6JYB … just for fun
• As always, members of CARS, Essex CW Club, Essex Ham, Essex RAYNET and the Essex Repeater Group, will be on hand to help with questions
The activity list is subject to change and availability.
Venue: Danbury Village Hall, 2 Main Road, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4NQ - You can find a map and pictures of the hall at:
The Skills Night is free to attend, with refreshments provided. The event is open to everyone with an interest in any aspect of radio, if you know someone interested in coming along - please pass this message along.
We hope to see you on Monday from 7pm.
The Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society's Skill Night page can be found at
CARS run amateur radio training courses, to find out more contact the training organiser Christopher G0IPU
Email: training2017 at g0mwt.org.uk
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests