Skills Night takes place 7pm Monday, February 20 at the Danbury Village Hall in Essex. This free event is open to all.
Hosted by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society Training Team Skills Night is an informal monthly get-together in central Essex, where anyone with an interest in radio can come along, try something new, share ideas, get help and advice, and socialise with others interested in the hobby.
Skills Night activities planned so far, include:
• Construction: Chris G0IPU and the CARS trainers will be on hand with access to soldering irons and help with construction projects
• Using a Spectrum analyser for testing antennas and handhelds, VSWR testing measuring frequency and filters. Mike G4NVT will also be testing antennas and harmonics. If you have anything you’d like tested, please bring it along.
• Melvin 2E0DNS will bring along his latest addition, a low capacitance meter for use with a digital multi-meter.
• Getting Started: Advice and leaflets from Essex Ham, the Raspberry Pi Zero playing the Essex Ham’s latest video, details on the online Foundation training course, plus the event’s wi-fi
• Data Modes Demo: Details on how to get started with JT65 and PSK31 if you want to give data a try
• Callsign badges: Get an engraved callsign badge while you wait
• The CARS quiz, hosted by Chris G0IPU
• Not to mention, home-made cakes from Ann
As always, members of CARS, Essex RAYNET, Essex Repeater Group, Essex CW Club and Essex Ham will be on hand to help with questions.
The activity list is subject to change and availability.
Venue: Danbury Village Hall, 2 Main Road, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4NQ - You can find a map and pictures of the hall at:
The Skills Night is free to attend, with refreshments provided. The event is open to everyone with an interest in any aspect of radio, if you know someone interested in coming along - please pass this message along.
We hope to see you on Monday from 7pm.
The Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society's Skill Night page can be found at
CARS run amateur radio training courses, to find out more contact the training organiser Christopher G0IPU
Email: training2017 at g0mwt.org.uk
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests