Wouxun KG-UV9D

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
weegeordie
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 108TM020

Wouxun KG-UV9D

Post by weegeordie »

Hey Guys.

Im looking at hopefully getting my foundation licence in the new year. I failed at my last attempt a few years ago and gave up the ghost. But decided to try again so bought myself the wee KGUV9D pro pack from ML&S, question is how do i copy all the frequencies i have saved on my KGUV8D to the KGUV9D without having to do it all one by one?
Anytone UV878II plus
Inrico T320

Nemo Me Impune Laccessit
FakeJake
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0SEY

Re: Wouxun KG-UV9D

Post by FakeJake »

If both are supported by CHIRP, its easy enough. Read the old radio, save the channels to a CSV, read the new radio, clear the channels (if any) and then import the CSV and then upload to radio.
Jake 2E0SEY
Saltney, near Chester (Cheshire-Flintshire border)
Monitoring 2m simplex (when I can)
Dysgwr Cymraeg
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

FakeJake wrote:If both are supported by CHIRP, its easy enough. Read the old radio, save the channels to a CSV, read the new radio, clear the channels (if any) and then import the CSV and then upload to radio.
It's currently only the KG-UV8D that's supported. The UV9 isn't even in their roadmap as far as I can see.
I used to own the UV8D then switched to the UV9D and I could not export/import the memories, even using the official UV8/9 software. Both files are *.kg format but they throw up a file format error when you try to load them.

The only software package I know of that will read and write CSV files apart from Chirp is the RT Systems series of programming software but you need to use their own lead and it is a bit on the expensive side.

I would ask ML&S if they can help. They are the UK distributor.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
weegeordie
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 108TM020

Post by weegeordie »

Thanks for the replies guys but i spent most of yesterday programming them 1 by 1 in to the radio so i now have all of the scotland 2m/70cm repeaters and a few south of the border. been talking to a few guys at the local radio club so im going back next year for definate to do it
Anytone UV878II plus
Inrico T320

Nemo Me Impune Laccessit
FakeJake
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0SEY

Post by FakeJake »

weegeordie wrote:Thanks for the replies guys but i spent most of yesterday programming them 1 by 1 in to the radio so i now have all of the scotland 2m/70cm repeaters and a few south of the border. been talking to a few guys at the local radio club so im going back next year for definate to do it
Glad you sorted it, even if you had to resort to manually punching it all in! Good luck with the foundation :)
Jake 2E0SEY
Saltney, near Chester (Cheshire-Flintshire border)
Monitoring 2m simplex (when I can)
Dysgwr Cymraeg
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

weegeordie wrote:Thanks for the replies guys but i spent most of yesterday programming them 1 by 1 in to the radio so i now have all of the scotland 2m/70cm repeaters and a few south of the border. been talking to a few guys at the local radio club so im going back next year for definate to do it
Glad you got it all done.

Good luck with your exam :thumbup:
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think: