I've not been on radio for a while

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

I've not been on radio for a while

Post by StormShadow »

My radio hobby has never died as I'm still collecting odd pieces of junk and repairing/making radios I made a nice little 80 meter transceiver although I made it up in parts from other things I had, I tested it on air for the first time and was amazed by it, I made a contact in Italy :D that feeling of a home brew project can't be beat I tell ya.
Transwarp
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: Viper

Re: I've not been on radio for a while

Post by Transwarp »

From the lack of comments to your post seems the ham hobby is on it's way out. Good for you anyway with the build.
Champion of IBTL Christmas Edition 2023.
Champion of IBTL Autumn 2022 Edition.
FakeJake
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0SEY

Post by FakeJake »

Transwarp wrote:From the lack of comments to your post seems the ham hobby is on it's way out.
Uhuh, OK :eh:

Well done on the build. Not everyone delves into complex builds like that!
Jake 2E0SEY
Saltney, near Chester (Cheshire-Flintshire border)
Monitoring 2m simplex (when I can)
Dysgwr Cymraeg
pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pete_uk »

Yeah, nice to hear someone 'bodging' its of radios together to make a working one!
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by StormShadow »

It seems like everything is on its way out now days? I don't think Amateur radio will be. HF on 40 meters and 80 meters is still pretty active so is 2 meters simplex and at times 4 meters but not much else, 70cms have died I thought it was because of DMR but it would appear that there isn't much going on with DMR either. People building there own things etc has pretty much gone out the window. I blame the educational system and this country going down the toilet in general all the good things are going even pubs and night clubs are disappearing now. I don't think you can say its just Amateur radio but things in general is all getting very gray and dim now days :yawn: and I'm a young person in fact there are many new young hams that want to make some noise bring the bands back to life but many just fade and do other things then get bored and come back to ham radio to listen to the silence.