The next Skills Night, hosted by the Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society Training Team, starts at 7pm on Monday, February 15. This free event is open to all.
The Skills Night is an informal monthly get-together in central Essex, where anyone with an interest in radio can come along, try something new, share ideas, get help and advice, and socialise with others interested in the hobby.
Here’s what’s in store:
• Construction: Antenna help, patch lead construction, and access to equipment, tools and soldering irons.
• Satellites & ISS: Following on from Steve M0SHQ’s talk at CARS in February, Steve will be on hand to help with satellite questions, plus information on the recent Tim Peake ISS contacts
• Radio Programming: Charlie M0PZT will be on hand to program Baofeng and Yaesu handhelds with local repeaters and any extra frequencies needed. Mobile Yaesus can also be done if you bring the DC cable (we have a PSU).
• DMR: Updated codeplugs for the TYT MD-380, plus help with understanding TalkGroups, Time-Slots and all things DMR
• Ham Essentials: Charlie M0PZT will have a small selection of his Ham Goodies including Coax adapters, ferrites and some free handouts for DMR and portable operating.
• Datamodes/Logging advice: Ham Radio Deluxe, JT65, WSPR and other software woes solved.
• Digital Voice: A demo of the DV4Mini (DMR and D-Star dongle) running on a Raspberry Pi
• Essex CW Club: Helping to promote and encourage the Morse mode
• Callsign badges: Get an engraved callsign badge while you wait
• Essex Ham: Getting Started Advice and leaflets, the new Raspberry Pi Zero, some new video content to watch over a tea and biscuit, and some show and tell.
• Meet Representatives from CARS, Essex RAYNET, Essex Repeater Group, Essex CW Club and Essex Ham will be on hand to help with questions
The activity list is subject to change and availability.
Venue: Danbury Village Hall, 2 Main Road, Danbury, Essex, CM3 4NQ - You can find a map and pictures of the hall at:
The Skills Night is free to attend, with refreshments provided. The event is open to everyone with an interest in any aspect of radio, if you know someone interested in coming along - please pass this message along.
We hope to see you on Monday from 7pm.
The Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society's Skill Night page can be found at
CARS run amateur radio training courses, to find out more contact the training manager
Email: training2016 at g0mwt.org.uk
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests