RSGB Survey

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
RogerD
Top Poster
Top Poster

RSGB Survey

Post by RogerD »

I heard on GB2RS this morning that the RSGB is doing a survey. Just wondered if anyone had taken part, and what kind of questions are being asked. I'll probably take part later but just wanted to get quick feel for what to expect, as well as point others to take part too. Surveys are always worth a go, if they reveal the truth about how the hobby is going.
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Re: RSGB Survey

Post by paulears »

That does rather assume that the RSGB is representative of the amateur movement in the UK, and I suspect that they represent a small proportion only - but to be honest, they always have. They do a good job, and are a body the Government can talk to, so it's good they have the info - but if they want a better picture, then they should promote the survey on the net to as many as possible, not just their own subset of the population.
thedeerhunter270
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thedeerhunter270 »

If it is the same one - I did the survey a few weeks ago.
Operating in South Northumberland and Weardale.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

I'd love the opportunity to fill out an RSGB Ltd. survey.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Adriano9966 »

:| My advice is to do the survey as it costs nothing more than a few minutes of your time and the more people involved the better the results/impact will be.

The fact is that the RSGB is the core representative voice for radio users in the UK .
I have long argued that if they are to call themselves the "Radio Society" then in my view they should be fighting for the interests of all radio users rather than just amateur radio RSGB members

:think: There is an entire section within this survey regarding QRM and the increasing noise levels on HF so in my very modest opinion it is in the interests of all radio enthusiasts to unite in this battle and it's also why I think as many people as possible should do the survey !

:| People do have a range of different opinions on the RSGB so surely here is your chance to express your point of view. If for example you are unhappy about something and enough people say the same thing then surely they will have to listen?

:yawn: just my two pence worth
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

Survey is far too complex and long winded. No wonder hardly anyone is bothering. The Intermediate exam took less time!
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Post by Mattylad »

What survey???? noone got a link to it yet?
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

I wonder if the RSGB asked how many full licence holders still transmit on 27.555Mhz USB,as i know i have heard loads of them at it,more than M6's or 2E0's as a matter of fact ;)
GeeFull
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by GeeFull »

Crusader wrote:I wonder if the RSGB asked how many full licence holders still transmit on 27.555Mhz USB,as i know i have heard loads of them at it,more than M6's or 2E0's as a matter of fact ;)
Thats just down to the individual, and how much they value their licence surely?
And as a percentage of all full licensees overall, it would be a very small number I am sure.
On the survey, all I can say is, I hope they take more notice of the overall concensus responses, than they did with the not too long ago "consultation", when coming to any long term decisions!
If they treat it in the same delete or ignore what they don't particularly want to accept manor, its just another online, fill in the blanks, waste of time.
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

Please remember that RSGB Ltd are registered as a publisher, the rest of their activities are a sideshow.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

:lol: :lol: :lol: So true,a farce is what they are.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Maybe so, but they still represent amateurs at a far higher level than we could achieve without them.

If you need an illustration of why this is good, just look at the spectacularly successful campaign to get a slice of the recently freed up VHF spectrum for a VHF CB service.............. :oops:
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

And don't forget M0OGY as UK representative to the European CB fraternity, I think he has a greater voice than RSGB Ltd.
2SG

Post by 2SG »

Admiral wrote:I'd love the opportunity to fill out an RSGB Ltd. survey.
Here you go then...

http://rsgb.org/main/rsgb-consultations ... ey-2015-2/

Open to all UK radio amateurs.
Admiral
Legend
Legend

Post by Admiral »

Thanks for the link, filled in, it's a shame that it had nothing much to do with amateur radio though.